• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Musiland MU2 Plus DAC & Amp

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Here are the results cycling through them:

View attachment 23020

Two of them completely overlap so not sure if that is right or wrong.
Probably the red one is non oversampling and you skipped through one of them, maybe try one more time?
The stock/default should be minimum phase, second should be linear phase and third should be non over sampling. I didn't measure the fr but I did measure square waves, they don't seem to be the same.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Is the little spike close to 1k-Hz a problem do you reckon?
Thanks for taking the time to measure the other output voltages :D
I don't see it in my measurements. Probably sw artifacts. I use hf player exclusive mode on my android phone.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
mu2tpahi.png
mu2.png

The above are 1.7V and 0.5V 1k thd measurements. No 900hz weirdness from here. Using hf player on android playing my test tone file.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I agree. If you have a Shure KSE1200 using this as a DAC with your Android phone is far more compact setup on-the-go. I hope they sell it via Amazon.
db magix ac3 sounds pretty good too. Subjectively better than mu2 to my ears. Check that out.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I tried the type C version and it sounds worse than MU2 plus to me.
Really? I found the mu2 sounds much more artificial. ac3 has better imaging and less fatiguing. But anyway.

tomli747

Really? I found the mu2 sounds much more artificial. ac3 has better imaging and less fatiguing. But anyway.
I tried the MU2 once and it sounds differently from MU2 plus. However, I think both of them are better than AC3. The AC3 has weak bass so I think it may be related to insufficient power.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I tried the MU2 once and it sounds differently from MU2 plus. However, I think both of them are better than AC3. The AC3 has weak bass so I think it may be related to insufficient power.
Oh right. Firstly I actually have the mu2plus. Secondly, I forgot to mention that i used both mainly as dac. ac3 had excessive output impedance, that will explain the lack of bass control. Actually ac3 more power than mu2 but the output impedance limited the performance. When they are used as dac, problem solved.

garbulky

Major Contributor
I use a Musliand Digital Times. It's the only consumer dedicated PCI-E stereo digital audio transport I've found so far. It even had a BNC output.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
The more you talk about 0.5v will just give others potential customers an impression that it is not performing well in higher voltages.
Why would i care? It is a fact. I don't sell or have any relationship with this product. I can say what i want.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
btw the cable on mu2p is rather fragile. mine is already having connection problem. my main dacs are motu 828es and db magix ac3 for now.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Sure you can say what you want, but I don't think the SINAD is bad in higher voltages. Breaking a record at 0.5v is not particularly interesting. That's what I think.

I can also say what I want:p
Well. That's sounds ok to me.

Veri

Master Contributor
Can anyone link where you can buy this exact version of the musiland plus?

I'm interested in this dongle for work :) seems ideal

Top Bottom