• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

cronos

Yes you use the MA App for Tidal. I've used it and it works fine. I'm a Roon user so others here might have more experience on the MA App

thank you for the reply!
with roon, does spotify work in Matrix Element?

raykkho

Forum Donor
thank you for the reply!
with roon, does spotify work in Matrix Element?
Spotify does not make plug in or connection with Roon, you can try Airplay with Spotify. Roon has built in support for Tidal and Qobuz.

Arslan

New firmware for Element X and update of MAremote (Android) available. All fine, the app now work great, the add of Radio is very good.

TGB

IMG_5CEE57736B91-1.jpeg

D

Deleted member 20875

I wonder how soon they will fix the dsd (*.dsf files) playback. It is pretty much unusable as it is now.

Aibek

Matrix Element X (firmware B81801, MA Remote 2.2.6, Android 9.0), files on the memory card. Plays a track and stops, that is, does not play all tracks on the album. This problem will soon be a year old. Before the B51501 firmware everything was great!

Last edited:

chi2

Forum Donor
Plays a track and stops, that is, does not play all tracks on the album. This problem will soon be a year old.

Lack of responsiveness newly defined. Waiting for a solution ever since I have purchased the Element X in May 2020.

chi2

Forum Donor
Streaming Tidal over wifi seems to be much more stable since the firmware and MA remote app update. No glitch or interruption during 90 minutes. Never have experienced that before.

D

Deleted member 20875

Matrix Element X (firmware B81801, MA Remote 2.2.6, Android 9.0), files on the memory card. Plays a track and stops, that is, does not play all tracks on the album. This problem will soon be a year old. Before the B51501 firmware everything was great!

Mine loosing connection whenever I am 'ready' to use it, and so the upgrade was pretty useless. Casting via dlna is better, in fact the only way it can be used as it is now.

raykkho

Forum Donor
I'm using the Matrix Element X with Roon, works really well.

This is my experience as well. I guess we are lucky using Roon as the interface?

New app and FW update much better and basically effortless this time, compare to the last time.

Reactions: TGB

Archsam

Just got the latest firmware and app update, also find them to work much smoother than previous versions. Quite happy so far.

somy

Anybody experience after upgrading the new firmware, it only play the 1st song in a tidal playlist and skip all the rest?
Also the bug whenever play a tidal playlist it play the order sorted by the name of the song, super annoying!

Last edited:

TGB

Anybody experience after upgrading the new firmware, it only play the 1st song in a tidal playlist and skip all the rest?
Also the bug whenever play a tidal playlist it play the order sorted by the name of the song, super annoying!
I don't know since I'm only using it as a Roon endpoint or via digital inputs. Please reach out to Matrix Audio support. I would be extremely surprised if this is a problem for everyone.

chi2

Forum Donor

I don't know since I'm only using it as a Roon endpoint or via digital inputs. Please reach out to Matrix Audio support. I would be extremely surprised if this is a problem for everyone.

The problem with the play function when streaming Tidal content using the MA Remote app has been reported repeatedly since (at least) spring 2020 by different users in this and the other Matrix Audio thread. When choosing any title in an album or a playlist directly, the MA remote plays that title and then just stops. Switching to the next title (in the album or the playlist) by pressing the forward button doesn't work either.

The only way to have that fundamental functionality is to start with choosing play all, which will make the MA Remote app start with the first title, and then to select the title you actually wanted to start with. This seemed to work for me when I tried it the last time. Due to this being awkward, I preferred using the Tidal app on a tablet or smartphone connected to the MA Element X by usb or wirelessly to a chromecast audio attached to the X's optical in.

somy

I can’t seem to make it play any playlist in tidal. It stops after playing first song, and if I press play again it randomly skip multiple songs. Same problem with album. Funny enough, when playing an album with 14 songs, it adds 16 songs.

chi2

Forum Donor
Wow. Didn't experience that problem with the last update. At least not under Android. Are you using the Android or iOS version of MA remote?

Top Bottom