• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

MarkD

Hello everybody. I bought the element X and it will arrive in 14 days. I hope i can drive my 420 ohms Audiotechnica ATH-ADX5000 well. When it arrives, I will give you my opinion. Greetings to all
Hello! Did you get your element X? would be interesting to hear your experience. Cheers

Arslan

Hello! Did you get your element X? would be interesting to hear your experience. Cheers
Hello, yes i receveid yesterday the Element X. Im in trying, but the first impression is not so good. I had the pleasure to use and listen the Element M with my headphone Audio Technica Adx 5000 and was an amazing experience! So I thinked that the X will be a superior step, but the sound that i remember of M is more explosive, more open etc.., on the X i feel more flat and close. Maybe my X need a few hours of use to sound better.
In will tell more on these days, in every case, next week will go to the store for a live comparative between my X and the M.
Anyone know which is the better filter to use and between usb or network which is better?
Thanks.

Arslan

Now i'm using these setting, all filter in off and seems better. Screenshot_20200227-160636_MA Remote.jpg

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Now i'm using these setting, all filter in off and seems better.

If you like it most like that, just keep those settings and stay off lol. Somethings you can only make things worse.. :)

Arslan

If you like it most like that, just keep those settings and stay off lol. Somethings you can only make things worse.. :)

it is funny? maybe im not very expert and need some advices?
thank you anyway

Veri

Master Contributor
it is funny? maybe im not very expert and need some advices?
Oh no I didn't mean anything bad. I just meant, if you think you found optimal settings I'd just leave them like that and put your mind off it. right ?

Last edited:

Arslan

Yesterday i had the opportunity to compared the M and X together.
What can i say? I was wrong because i made a bad consideration without wait more hours of use.
After a few days and a live comparative, i can say that the X is more refined than M, both on headphone and on speakers.
In every case the M is a very good choice, very close to the X.
Next step for me is to compare the unbalanced and balanced headphone. I bought the balanced cable for Adx5000 that will arrive the next week.
If anyone have tryed the 7 filters , could tell me which is better? I found good the 5, but i'll glad to hear some opinions.

Tks

Major Contributor
Stick to Filter 5

By the way, great setup you got going. The Element X is pretty much end-game all-in-one. Streamer, DAC, AMP. Can't go wrong especially with it's wonderful performance.

Arslan

Stick to Filter 5

By the way, great setup you got going. The Element X is pretty much end-game all-in-one. Streamer, DAC, AMP. Can't go wrong especially with it's wonderful performance.
Thank you. Yes, i think that in the headphone category I'll be really fine, the Adx 5000 for me is an inestimable value and i think that it is a beast. The next and last step will be to find a good balanced final amplifier to drive my Klipsch Rf-63

Inkey31

Forum Donor
Here is the spec on Aqua R2R DAC:

View attachment 27538

0.016% translates into a SINAD of 76 dB. Yes, just 76 dB. That would put it near the bottom of all DACs ever tested. In critical listening it will likely add harmonic distortion that makes the highs more distorted.

And oh, they measured that THD+N at -10 dB. Likely the distortion rises even more at full scale.

The Aqua DAC has built up a reputation among high-end audiophiles as something great. If the above are the specs, that reputation is completely misplaced.

How did you get that number? Whats the formula to translate to SINAD?

Koeitje

Major Contributor

Amra

Добрый день @ MatrixAudio, у меня такой вопрос, возможно ли обновить Matrix X-Sabre Pro DSD до Matrix X-Sabre Pro MQA?

1586200081486.png

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Добрый день @ MatrixAudio, у меня такой вопрос, возможно ли обновить Matrix X-Sabre Pro DSD до Matrix X-Sabre Pro MQA?

View attachment 57508
Good afternoon @ MatrixAudio, I have such a question, is it possible to upgrade the Matrix X-Saber Pro DSD to the Matrix X-Saber Pro MQA?

You might be better off emailing them from their website friend.

tensor9

Forum Donor
Just so you know, the DAC8 Stereo should be on its way to ASR now, according to an email from Octo.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting indeed. Can't wait to see what they pulled off! Pretty sure the distortion will be indiscernibly low

6dxlGmI.png
Amazing. Now we have AudioPrecision teaser dashboards from the manufacturers. See what you have created, @amirm?? :D

Top Bottom