• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Rottmannash

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I find it hard to let go of a really good amp as it is always possible to fit them in with new gear. I still have my vintage NAD 7125 also. I love the rear mounted heat sink and small form factor still. Also I love my 11 year old THX Select 2 Onkyo 608 receiver that runs cooler than my Denon x3700 that I am pre-outing to it from. My E30 dac can act as a preamp with remote volume also for more flexibility. $300 for an amp as good as the 789 is a worthy investment IMO.
Here's to NAD. I have 2 3140s and will never get rid of them.

I have an engineering question- is anything with DC-in power by definition a so-called 'virtual ground'? Asking because everything Schiit, JDS and the O2 are all AC-in but amps like this one have to create a negative rail. Is a 'virtual ground' how this is accomplished? Thanks.

Someone can comfirm with measurements if crosstalk decreases in gain I to gain II particularly, is not only affected with SE output for headphones, but even balanced headphones output?

Top Bottom