• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Massdrop Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid (CTH) and JDS O2 Headphone Amps

Headphonaholic

Patreon Donor
Maybe massdrops unit isn't made to the original spec?
Someone had claimed that they weren't being built well and that there were other issues with the build quality. I don't recall where I had read that sadly. I have one that I had used at work prior to the JDS Atom and it worked fine.

My advice to anyone interested in the objective 2 is to buy it from JDS Labs, yes it's more expensive (and yes I own a JDS Labs o2 as well), but the quality is top notch. JDS Labs has proven time and time again that they are the real deal.

Jimster480

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
Someone had claimed that they weren't being built well and that there were other issues with the build quality. I don't recall where I had read that sadly. I have one that I had used at work prior to the JDS Atom and it worked fine.

My advice to anyone interested in the objective 2 is to buy it from JDS Labs, yes it's more expensive (and yes I own a JDS Labs o2 as well), but the quality is top notch. JDS Labs has proven time and time again that they are the real deal.
Yes I totally agree. I have a JDS O2 and JDS has really nice people there you can talk to.

It would be interesting to see how those two actually measure and if there really is performance differences. Considering the price difference, it's obvious that Massdrop did save in some areas (at least their screws are made of butter). Though, now that JDS Labs Atom is out O2 feels pretty obsolete.

Top Bottom