• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of MARCH audio dac1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyrainer

Economy of scale must be a foreign concept to you...

that is just a joke...

Certainly produce more, the cost is lower...

I want to say: the price of something should accord with its value, but no with cost.

Why don't they declare that Tone board is in the enclosure? because they sell it so expensive

wyrainer

Guys, I've just heard the breaking news: March audio dac2 will soon be released!
As you can see preparations for review and measurements are on their way. Any similarities with existing DACs are purely accidental. :D

lol

I think DAC2 will be $4490

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The amount of even and odd harmonics on the FFT graphs of both DAC1 and tone board look extremely similar. It's very hard for me to dismiss the possibility of a clone. Heck, even the IMD graphs are a carbon copy of each other.
Now you got me interested. Look at the jitter graphs of both.

It's the same. All other things can be explained to be similar, but the jitter right down to the wideness of the sidebands. Is. The. Same. :oops:

What the heck?

I think there is nothing to discuss any further. As there is not any denial from @March Audio, there is a Tone Board in it.

Now, it is up to everyone to do as they please with that.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, it is. He's my ultimate A/B tester. When I change something and he pauses and sits listens to the music a bit I know something is sounding different. When I get it just right he will peak around furniture towards the speakers trying to see who is there when he first hears the change. Bunnies seem to really like music. Our last one liked smooth jazz this one likes peppy classical music.

Haha, looks like a very peppy little bunny :)

graz_lag

Major Contributor
I am just a jealous guy.jpg

John Lennon

XMSHO

Anyone defending the ambiguity about this being a Tone in a fancy enclosure is defending anti-consumer practices. It should be ultimately the consumer who decide if what the MARCH Audio DAC1 brings to the table is valuable or not.

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
First comes evidence. Than comes conclusions. Making assumptions is not scientifical.
If it is indeed a tone board it's quite silly to send it to Amir to have it (re)measured, imo. Forum members would figure it out they're not retarded. That's the only thing I'm finding very strange here. Why the pretense.

If any random manufacturer would put a tone board in a black box and not mention that little detail, they would be treated very differently from the dicussion here so far ...

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Time to come clean.
OK, OK, OK.....

Thomas became a moderator because no one else would take the job. You have ruined the man's holiday spirit now. Are you happy now????

gvl

Major Contributor
Anyone defending the ambiguity about this being a Tone in a fancy enclosure is defending anti-consumer practices. It should be ultimately the consumer who decide if what the MARCH Audio DAC1 bring to the table is valuable or not.

Hmm, the consumer in me sees it brings a nice black aluminum $350 box to the table.

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I salute you with designing, end-to-end, the complete solution and getting it to the market! Now to the marketing, viral audio forum one! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom