• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of MARCH audio dac1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyrainer

I'm surprised and unhappy about the tone this thread is taking. Whether or not the DAC1 uses a bought-in card I think is totally besides the point.

It's a very good DAC, it's a sensible price and it looks well made. What else is there to consider?

If it is the Tone card, so what? Buy a tone card yourself, get a custom case made, get the interfaces sorted out, then say whether the effort is worth it compared with buying one ready made, with a warranty.

S.
I made my aluminum case for tone board.

I don't think that only a case is worth of $300.
aluminum1.jpg
aluminum2.jpg

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Half a day

You meant half a day modifying an off-the-shelf blank case ?

Else I seriously need to look at how you bend that sheet metal so beautifully and accurately and of course, that wonderful workshop/garage full of machining equipment you have if it was from scratch.

wyrainer

You meant half a day modifying an off-the-shelf blank case ?

Else I seriously need to look at how you bend that sheet metal so beautifully and accurately and of course, that wonderful workshop/garage full of machining equipment you have if it was from scratch.
no, I bought a case from Taobao.com, it is about $7.

I spend half day to drill five holes and assemble them together

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
no, I bought a case from Taobao.com, it is about $7.

I spend half day to drill five holes and assemble them together
So you got a case from some sweat shop and spent half a day modifying it.. cool .

If I were you I’d still be out of pocket , have a case that looks kinda cheap and that does not match anything I own in the slightest. I’d have to sell the thing for £1000 to make any kind of meaningful profit and even then I’m not taking into consideration any associated business costs that are too numerous to list.

I tell you what though, go the your local bank with this and see if you can get a business loan to fund the operation.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I don't think that only a case is worth of $300.

View attachment 19147

Then that shows how little you know about product manufacture and how ridiculous this all is.

You are not buying a case, you are buying a finished product, with warranty and support.

Ok, question. What do you think the value of the PCB, or the case is in for example a more expensive Chord Mojo, which by the way is not as good technically or subjectively in the blind testing I conducted with a number of people.?

Last edited:

wyrainer

So you got a case from some sweat shop and spent half a day modifying it.. cool .

If I were you I’d still be out of pocket , have a case that looks kinda cheap and that does not match anything I own in the slightest. I’d have to sell the thing for £1000 to make any kind of meaningful profit and even then I’m not taking into consideration any associated business costs that are too numerous to list.

I tell you what though, go the your local bank with this and see if you can get a business loan to fund the operation.

Have you investigated the factory that produced this case ? so you call it "sweat shop"?

I am a Chinese, I have lived in China for 40 years, I know more information about China than you.
Don't judge anything you are not familiar with

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Then that shows how little you know about product manufacture and how ridiculous this all is.

You are not buying a case, you are buying a finished product, with warranty and support.
.... and a beautiful case..... to go with those beautiful amp cases .... all with brilliantly measured performance and a brilliant integrated system architecture .

Imo your doing a great service to audiophiles with this endeavour. I think your mad for doing it btw but I sincerely hope it works out for you.

I’d want £ 10000 a week just for putting up with folks online lol

wyrainer

Maybe you are right, you decide the price, someone would buy it, that is ok

but , pls answer the question: is the khadas tone board in March audio dac1?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Maybe you are right, you decide the price, someone would buy it, that is ok

but , pls answer the question: is the khadas tone board in March audio dac1?
He’s not obligated to disclose the design or origin of the DAC. If all you want to do is repeat a question that’s already be answered ( albeit not to your satisfaction) then I’d invite you to explore and enjoy other areas of the forum.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Is it hearably better than the others?
Prices? I might be interested
Oooh now that's a controversial question for me to answer

There is an audible improvement between each of the amplifiers, but I would say that :)

Best for others to comment when they are available.

Ok I am going off now to start the amp thread with the all important pricing. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom