• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Loxjie D10 DAC & HP Amp

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Within the process that ended up with the round wheels designing, triangular wheels were a nice step up vs. the earlier squared ones!
Can you imagine? Only 3 jumps per tour instead of 4!

1566821870036.png

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello, amirm, what I want to ask is
Why do you always take 400i and 650 for hearing test?
Well, this review included a third headphone: the MrSpeakers Ether CX.

That aside, the HD-650 represents a very common but high impedance headphone. So it pushes the ability of the amp to produce sufficient voltage.

The HE400i is at the other extreme, having a low impedance of 35 ohm. That forces the amp to produce current.

The two of these more or less match the objective measurements using 300 and 33 ohm loads.

Toku

Major Contributor
To me, it is attractive, a lovely colour and a refreshing change from yet another rectangular box...

And I see they have a matching toy amplifier:

https://www.amazon.com/LOXJIE-Deskt...=B07H5DDXK6&psc=1&refRID=F1DEPPKM8E1TK4PZDFMY

View attachment 31981
I bought this amp.
The design and case quality are great, but the operation as an amplifier is terrible.
1. The noise rises greatly when the volume position is between 10:00 and 14:00. The noise peaked at 12 o'clock, which is not a negligible level.
2. The volume knob is attached via a rubber bush. When the knob is turned, it will slip and turn beyond the stop position. Therefore, the line indicating the position of the knob is not reliable.
I returned it in 3 days.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I bought this amp.
The design and case quality are great, but the operation as an amplifier is terrible.
1. The noise rises greatly when the volume position is between 10:00 and 14:00. The noise peaked at 12 o'clock, which is not a negligible level.
2. The volume knob is attached via a rubber bush. When the knob is turned, it will slip and turn beyond the stop position. Therefore, the line indicating the position of the knob is not reliable.
I returned it in 3 days.

Good to know. I don't know why these simple devices/manufacturers can get it so wrong. They put all that effort into aesthetic design and screw up the important part.

Hey Toku, is your avatar part of a magnetron?

Toku

Major Contributor
Good to know. I don't know why these simple devices/manufacturers can get it so wrong. They put all that effort into aesthetic design and screw up the important part.

Hey Toku, is your avatar part of a magnetron?
My avatar is a vacuum tube for a transmitter from Eimac, USA. I use these vacuum tubes to launch powerful UHF & VHF radio waves into space.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Great DAC performance.... although now that seems to be more common.
I think since this site has grown in popularity; there are more companies trying to impress with measurements here.
I guess they forgot the amp portion or just want you to buy the external matching amp... although that begs the question of why did they include it with such poor performance in the first place.
Loxjie is part of SMSL isn't it?

Get a hearing test

KTB-like performance, but with case and headamp +$30. Seems like a win for me.
Agreed. Since the case would cost pretty much 20 bucks with shipping so you get an okay amp for 10 bucks. Thats a steal. Now if someone could compare this to ktb that would thwart ww3.

Last edited:

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Don't know if it has been mentioned but the Loxjie brand might be closely related to the Sabaj brand which is closely related to the S.M.S.L brand.

1574095670919.png

magicscreen

There is a second USB input as you see for power. I am assuming it is needed for Coax/Optical input as using it with USB didn't do anything.
If you are using it with a smartphone, it is not using the battery of the smartphone because of the extra usb power input (?)

Top Bottom