• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Loxjie D10 DAC & HP Amp

djittay

you recommend me this if I buy a schiit magni heresy as an amplifier, im looking for a good gaming dac i have the beyerdynamics dt 990 pro 250 ohms

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
you recommend me this if I buy a schiit magni heresy as an amplifier, im looking for a good gaming dac i have the beyerdynamics dt 990 pro 250 ohms
Quite clear and detailed, very sharp sounding DAC, hot on the treble. Good for FPS.

confucius_zero

hot treble in the measurements
Maybe the intermodulation curve? I can't confirm. But compared to the dacs I bought from this website, it sure is hot on the treble.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Might I humbly ask where is this hot treble in the measurements?
Or the enhanced bass in the measurements of the "hot on the bass" Loxjie P20?
Loxjie P20 measurements
Or we have to use our fallible ears to determine such basic thing?

Trust your instincts here...the measurements give you what you need... Relying on someone else's uncontrolled listening impressions tends to be...as unreliable as our 'fallibe ears.'

djittay

Trust your instincts here...the measurements give you what you need... Relying on someone else's uncontrolled listening impressions tends to be...as unreliable as our 'fallibe ears.'
that is true my instinct tells me that loxjie is perfect if it has a better amplifier, but it is my first purchase and I do not want to waste my money taking a bad choice :(. I have looked for information of dacs for game but almost everything is about evga cards or creative sounds, so I saw that this loxjie was among the cheapest and in a good position in the table because before this I thought about shiit mani 3.

ninetylol

that is true my instinct tells me that loxjie is perfect if it has a better amplifier, but it is my first purchase and I do not want to waste my money taking a bad choice :(. I have looked for information of dacs for game but almost everything is about evga cards or creative sounds, so I saw that this loxjie was among the cheapest and in a good position in the table because before this I thought about shiit mani 3.
Actually because your DT 990 have high ohm, the amplifier in the loxjie may suffice for your needs. (it's just bad at current delivery - > low ohm headphones)

djittay

Maybe the intermodulation curve? I can't confirm. But compared to the dacs I bought from this website, it sure is hot on the treble.
Actually because your DT 990 have high ohm, the amplifier in the loxjie may suffice for your needs. (it's just bad at current delivery - > low ohm headphones)[/QUOT
Actually because your DT 990 have high ohm, the amplifier in the loxjie may suffice for your needs. (it's just bad at current delivery - > low ohm headphones)
Lol, thaks i hope works good
"Schiit modi 3"

vandubi

Can anybody tell me if the unit rembers if it was switched on or not?
I want to use it hidden behind a cabinet and switch it on with the main power supply for my setup.:rolleyes:

Masterxyr

So between this and an smsl SU8, ignoring balanced out, which one is the clear winner here?

Also, it seems that probably the hump is audibly negligible? Especially since it is almost an exact carbon copy on both these dacs.

ninetylol

So between this and an smsl SU8, ignoring balanced out, which one is the clear winner here?

Also, it seems that probably the hump is audibly negligible? Especially since it is almost an exact carbon copy on both these dacs.
If you look at prices, you gave the answer yourself.

seelphedvr

@amirm
The tested DAC is Loxjie D10 v2.0 or 1.0?
Anybody knows what is the difference?
Hi guys, new to the forum.

I didn't know there were two versions of this. I am currently struggling to decide between the Loxjie D10 or a Toppin NX4DSD, mainly because of price. I can get the Loxjie D10 for $90 (£70) delivered or the Topping NX4DSD for $155 (£120), so almost double the price. I would most likely take the Loxjie at almost half the price and at incredible value if just taken as a DAC and ignore the "free" amp.

BTW, I notice that even though @amirm finishes the review recommending the Loxjie, when using the master index it shows as no recommended.

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this question.

DensityFuncti0nal

I buy a Loxjie d10 4 months ago and all was good until I upgrade the firmware, my issue is that the playback is slow or too fast, example: if I put 60bpm in a metronome 60 beats took 63 seconds or 57 seconds, is the DAC after the firmware update, If I select the option of 44100Hz on windows audio settings is too fast and is slow if I select 96000hz (i already tried in another computer and the issue remains) change it to 12, 24 or 32 bit doesn't improve anything
I already tried all the configurations in win 10 device options and the issue is still.
Anybody has this issue and found a solution? Loxjie customer service doesn't answer me.

There are some archives other user got from different Loxjie Shops, neither of them works for me.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/can...e-after-firmware-update.936933/#post-15727503

#Edit: I install de firmware from loxjie D20 now the issue is gone but I am concern about the safety of the DAC, can I damage the DAC?

Last edited:
Hi guys, new to the forum.

I didn't know there were two versions of this. I am currently struggling to decide between the Loxjie D10 or a Toppin NX4DSD, mainly because of price. I can get the Loxjie D10 for $90 (£70) delivered or the Topping NX4DSD for $155 (£120), so almost double the price. I would most likely take the Loxjie at almost half the price and at incredible value if just taken as a DAC and ignore the "free" amp.

BTW, I notice that even though @amirm finishes the review recommending the Loxjie, when using the master index it shows as no recommended.

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this question.

Having acquired a D10 a few months ago, it seems to me that the Topping will have to be pretty good to top it, even without the price differential. I figure that the D10 is equal to or better than my CD classical and jazz source material most of the time. And that is all it has to be.

Radioman55

Can the D10 DAC chip ES9038Q (32/768) be defined as superior when compared with Quad-DAC ES9218P (32/384) chip of LG V40?

I have listened to both V40 ES9218P (sampling @384kHz/AUX mode) & D10 (sampling @768kHz/RCA Out) with USB Audio Player Pro App connected to my Sony STR-DN1080 AMP and thought the D10 a bit more powerful and clearer.....

Tks

Major Contributor
Can the D10 DAC chip ES9038Q (32/768) be defined as superior when compared with Quad-DAC ES9218P (32/384) chip of LG V40?

I have listened to both V40 ES9218P (sampling @384kHz/AUX mode) & D10 (sampling @768kHz/RCA Out) with USB Audio Player Pro App connected to my Sony STR-DN1080 AMP and thought the D10 a bit more powerful and clearer.....

Audibly? Probably not. Technically? Depends on the spec sheet and eventual measurements of each device's implementation.

Regardless, it's not something you'll be able to parse, because the Sony is almost certainly the bottleneck, and both DACs are of higher performance in virtually all respects.

Also powerful/cleaner, seems to be slight volume differences - you need to level-match the two outputs volume-wise, and blind test yourself to be perfectly sure. Though i wouldn't waste my time, and chalk it up to psychology, as the amp is far less performant than the DACs in those two devices almost certainly.

Radioman55

Max. sampling rates differ in these two DAC's: 9038Q=768kHz & 9128P=384kHz.
While 9038Q is a Dual DAC, the 9128P is a Quad-DAC SoC type + headphone amp/AUX mode.

Tested both LG V40 & D10 by playing lossless files via USB Audio Player Pro App + equalizer enabled + oversampled to the DAC's max. limit connected to the Sony via RCA, thus bypassing Sony's DAC.
......and when compared with the Sony amp's 192kHz DAC, everything sounds so real & fantastic....

Last edited:

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I think it would be extremely hard to say one way or the other. Really I don't think its audibly different... if it would be then I would say the D10 is in a better position likely just due to voltage differences.... iirc the G7 will struggle to give 2V output.

Top Bottom