• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Lounge LCR MKIII Phono Amp

Heyu

I can't tell the difference from the Lounge Copla and TZ Vibe. The TZ zeroes out the load impedance still with the Copla you have more options for gain and load to your taste.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Has Sutherland been reviewed here? I was looking at the KC Vibe mk2 or Insight.
No, but I really like my Insight. I’ve thought about sending it in, but I’d have separation anxiety.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't tell the difference from the Lounge Copla and TZ Vibe. The TZ zeroes out the load impedance still with the Copla you have more options for gain and load to your taste.
I was unfamiliar with the Copla, but the Lounge website says:

“[The] Copla is a moving coil step-up amplifier designed to drive a moving magnet phono pre amp. It is the active electronic equivalent of a step-up transformer (SUT), allowing control of active moving coil impedance. One dial provides variable added richness and dimension to the response of your moving coil cartridge. You use it like a Tone knob.”

The TZ Vibe is a full phono preamp exclusively for low impedance MC cartridges. It uses transimpedance amplification instead of voltage amplification. Totally different designs for different (but related) purposes. Look for reviews of the Sutherland Little Loco Mk2 to get a comparable reference to the TZ Vibe.

Heyu

I was unfamiliar with the Copla, but the Lounge website says:

“[The] Copla is a moving coil step-up amplifier designed to drive a moving magnet phono pre amp. It is the active electronic equivalent of a step-up transformer (SUT), allowing control of active moving coil impedance. One dial provides variable added richness and dimension to the response of your moving coil cartridge. You use it like a Tone knob.”

The TZ Vibe is a full phono preamp exclusively for low impedance MC cartridges. It uses transimpedance amplification instead of voltage amplification. Totally different designs for different (but related) purposes. Look for reviews of the Sutherland Little Loco Mk2 to get a comparable reference to the TZ Vibe.
Thanks. Idk, I can't tell the difference between any preamp from Lounge Copla Silver to Project to Sutherland TZ Vibe.
Could be my system but I have a parasound hca 1500a amp with a zpre3 preamp and Thorens TD125 MK2 TT.
Maybe I'm just tone deaf lol.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
True quietness is not natural at all.
You must live in a city. It's quiet in my house, to the point the refrigerator is the loudest noise by far. But, I agree that some people may like the noises from old analog stuff. I don't miss it a bit.

Top Bottom