• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of IOM NCore Pro PWR Amp

maty

Major Contributor
Hypex FA252

Updated with link: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-...914-measuring-amplifiers-48.html#post56439070

Hypex-FA252-harmonics.png

Hypex-FA252-frequency-response.png

IOM NCore Pro, Hypex NC252MP

index.php

index.php

BTW, I can not view the 50/60 Hz thumps and other nasty harmonics before 1 kHz tone in the FA252. It is the usual, the most important thing, whether hard or soft is the correct implementation. The final sound will depend on the bottleneck in the system.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
BTW, I can not view the 50/60 Hz thumps and other nasty harmonics before 1 kHz tone in the FA252. It is the usual, the most important thing, whether hard or soft is the correct implementation. The final sound will depend on the bottleneck in the system.
It could also be system dependent whether it is or is not there.

maty

Major Contributor
Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The problem is the little box and and the illogical module placement.
No disrespect meant, but I just can't warm-up to these amps that look to have less components in them than the 6 transistor radio I had as a kid. :p
Hee, hee, yea that reference was intended. LOL

Last edited:

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
So $700 USD for DIY w/ a dsp, standby/shutdown timer, signal detection, remote, multiple inputs v $845 USD pre made w/o a dsp, standby/shutdown timer, signal detection, remote, multiple inputs .

That's how it looks to me. Also, the fusion plate amp is better than a cheap minidsp so you would need a more expensive dsp to match it.

Most consume and few create so I think you're sales will be safe.

Yes correct, but that isnt necessarily appropriate for many customers. As mentioned I would check to see if the A to D - DSP - D to A is bypassed when inputting analogue signals.

Sure, its a different market altogether, I have made this comment before. It has pretty much zero impact on my sales so thats not an issue at all :)

I encourage people to DIY.

Last edited:

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
No disrespect meant, but I just can't warm-up to these amps that look to have less components in them than the 6 transistor radio I had as a kid. :p
Hee, hee, yet that reference was intended. LOL

Hehe :)

Thats the problem the look is deceptive. The hundreds of surface mount components are too small to see for many of us :)

diegooo1972

I'm very interested in the smaller amp based on NC122MP.
I was wondering if I can expect similar results or maybe something better considering the lower power.

day7a1

Forum Donor
I'm very interested in the smaller amp based on NC122MP.
I was wondering if I can expect similar results or maybe something better considering the lower power.

I'm actually wondering if the results here are indicative of other NC252 based amplifiers. I'm still searching for one that can be rack mounted. I need it in a flight case. Apollon makes one. I'm starting to wonder if it's "good enough" for a Revel M126Be.

maty

Major Contributor
Essentially a differential input is a floating input. Nothing more, nothing less. The only reason why one should consider including an RC combination is to keep the signal within the common mode range of the input circuit (remember that the source may be floating) and to keep RFI that’s been picked up by the RCA cable out of the box.

Do not tell anyone, but one of my tweaks is to add two expensive 150 kHz 8 mm Würth ferrites to the RCA cables (cheap, from Amazon.de, then cheaper than Amazon.es; under the connectors there is another cheap tweak) that connect my ODAC USB with the AVR Marantz SR4500. Ferrites in the side of RCA inputs (AVR), obviously.

Old picture

RCA-cables-Wurth-150-khz-ferrites.jpg

You know, I have "tons" of RF/EMI interferences at mains and in the air in my home. But do not pay much attention to me, I listen to music in my second system from a second-hand AVR that cost € 117, shipping included. But with my own tweaks and mods!

Cheap but it has stereo pre-out to use as a preamp. Yes, some years ago some AVRs were built with differently quality than now. With a good base but cutting costs in nonsense that did affect the sound quality -> hidden bottlenecks.

Last edited:

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do we have the sinad numbers for the RCA input?

maty

Major Contributor
Last edited:
Top Bottom