• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of iFi Ear Buddy (and iEMatch)

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Would this be expected to impact frequency response, SINAD, etc?
No. The graph Amir posted shows it as transparent.

c69k

Hi,

please can you help me with this?

I have 16 Ohm Sony EX800ST IEMs which can take recommended max. 500mW.

I use Monoprice Monolyth THX portable with them and its output (3.5 unbalanced) is

Screenshot 2020-11-04 154712.png

I am aiming to turn my 16 Ohm IEMs to 32 Ohm, obviously because of the extra power.
What are my options?

THX in advance for any answer.

Peace.

SDX-LV

Are there any alternatives, potentially cheaper ones to this iFi Ear Buddy? In Europe this lovely piece costs about 25 Euros.

The thing is I have hard time buying an attenuator for 2.5x higher price than the DAC it is plugged into (Apple USB-C dongle) :)

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What's the relationship/interaction like between amp output impedance, inline resistance (cable and/or stuff like the ear buddy) and driver voice coil impedance? Does it work the same as DAC output and amp input impedance?

SDX-LV

Are there any alternatives, potentially cheaper ones to this iFi Ear Buddy? In Europe this lovely piece costs about 25 Euros.

I found this "DUNU Original Earphone Impedance Plug Jack/Adapter Converter" which seems to be a good alternative: https://hifigo.com/collections/othe...75-ohm-150-ohm-200-ohm?variant=32189869391921

Anyone has experience with Dunu plug? I guess it is as good as IFI Ear Buddy, only it looks much nicer and costs half as much. It comes in at least 30 and 75 Ohm versions, but it is hard to understand how they count Ohms - is it effective circuit load, sum of all resistors or the biggest resistor in there? Or perhaps it only has one resistor inside?

Top Bottom