• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of HoloAudio XEME2VE USB to SPDIF

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am looking for a SPDIF audio output for my Marantz NR1200 > KEF Q350 Bookshelf speakers.
So to be clear, you want to feed S/PDIF to the Marantz from a PC? If so, yes, the D10 and this box work. Simply hook the USB to a PC's USB Port and the other end is S/PDIF output. You don't need drivers or anything. Just tell your PC player to use these devices as the output device and you should be good to go.

SCAZcast

You can use this box. Or save bunch of money and use the D10. The D50 does NOT have coax output. Its coax is for input only. So you can't use it. Just go with D10 and you get a free DAC on top of it if you ever need it.
I ordered the Topping D10 from amazon but received an Aimpire AD10. I thought it was odd I couldn't find a website for toppings or for Aimpire. I'm waiting for a response from the seller. Is there any chance Toppings was bought out?

Veri

Master Contributor
I ordered the Topping D10 from amazon but received an Aimpire AD10. I thought it was odd I couldn't find a website for toppings or for Aimpire. I'm waiting for a response from the seller. Is there any chance Toppings was bought out?
No. Sounds like a rebranded unit.

Kutusov

Di you get an answer?

I was about to buy one but the ones available are all from that brand and the model AD10. It's what shows up when searching for Topping and the reviews are all for the Topping branded A10...

Veri

Master Contributor
Di you get an answer?

I was about to buy one but the ones available are all from that brand and the model AD10. It's what shows up when searching for Topping and the reviews are all for the Topping branded A10...
Someone on reddit has sent Amir one of those rebanded D10. So I suppose we'll find out sooner or later.

KxDx

my mobo has a jumper for spdif out but I have a Realtek ALC662 chipset in my budget mobo. I've heard that is not a very good chipset.
In my BIOS I can disable the Realtek analog and enable the SPDIF separately. They should be independent of one another. A coax/TOSLINK dual header bracket cost me like $10.

Top Bottom