• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
It has two large heat sinks (under ribbon cables) mounted to large chips. Assuming they're the DAC chips but not certain.

IMGP1674.JPG
Similar to Sabaj D5 also equipped with a heatsink.
The Sabaj gets warm but i wouldn't say hot.

BeepPeep_61

Attachments

• Gustard x26_01.jpg
    Gustard x26_01.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 451
  • Gustard x26_02.jpg
    Gustard x26_02.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 472

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
Hmm ... This is the ultimate test we would like to see from you Patrick ... :)

View attachment 31829
Tested it this morning, placed a digital thermometer flat on the Sabaj, after 3 hours playing temp is : 29° celcius/84.2 Fahrenheit. This in using the balanced headphone out driving a Beyerdynamic Amiron Home volume set at 21 on Sabaj, this results in an average spl between 65/75 depending on music played.
So forget baking eggs on the Sabaj, temperatur isn't even high enough for using it as an incubator :)

Viper Necklampy

The numbers look stellar, but has anyone here actually heard this beast in action?
Exactly, i don't see no one talking about on how it sound yet here, how?? Only two comments on superbestaudiofriends.. Some comments about Gustard X26 here would be appreciated a lot..
I am planning to get it with usb version very soon, with THX aaa 789 that is yet shipping, with only pure silver cables, and Audeze Lcd-3 Fazor Post 2016

Veri

Master Contributor
Exactly, i don't see no one talking about on how it sound yet here, how?? Only two comments on superbestaudiofriends.. Some comments about Gustard X26 here would be appreciated a lot..
I am planning to get it with usb version very soon, with THX aaa 789 that is yet shipping, with only pure silver cables, and Audeze Lcd-3 Fazor Post 2016
Pure silver cables? Seriously?

Don't mix up audiofriends and audioscience forums :)

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

LancerFIN

Hey,

I tried my best to find the differences between X26 and X22 DAC's but coulnd't find an answer after searching three forums. Does anyone have deeper knowledge of the differences between these two models and how they may perform?

There is used X22 for sale that has caught my attention. If this was matter of buying new I'd of course opt out for the X26 as their price difference isn't great.

LancerFIN

Seems like dou didn't search that long... 2 min on Google gave me this: X22 is single ES9038 based, with rotary volume knob. X26 has dual ES9038 with buttons as volume control.
Oh geesh. If it wasn't clear enough I want to know how well the X22 measures up to X26.

Top Bottom