• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

mac

Patreon Donor
Does anyone know why this DAC gets so hot? Someone on head-fi mentioned it heats up to 50 degrees Celsius. Surprising since it has vents on either side. Could this temp be problem over time?
It has two large heat sinks (under ribbon cables) mounted to large chips. Assuming they're the DAC chips but not certain.

Attachments

Patrick1958

Patreon Donor
Hmm ... This is the ultimate test we would like to see from you Patrick ... :)

View attachment 31829
Tested it this morning, placed a digital thermometer flat on the Sabaj, after 3 hours playing temp is : 29° celcius/84.2 Fahrenheit. This in using the balanced headphone out driving a Beyerdynamic Amiron Home volume set at 21 on Sabaj, this results in an average spl between 65/75 depending on music played.
So forget baking eggs on the Sabaj, temperatur isn't even high enough for using it as an incubator :)

The numbers look stellar, but has anyone here actually heard this beast in action?
Exactly, i don't see no one talking about on how it sound yet here, how?? Only two comments on superbestaudiofriends.. Some comments about Gustard X26 here would be appreciated a lot..
I am planning to get it with usb version very soon, with THX aaa 789 that is yet shipping, with only pure silver cables, and Audeze Lcd-3 Fazor Post 2016

Veri

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Exactly, i don't see no one talking about on how it sound yet here, how?? Only two comments on superbestaudiofriends.. Some comments about Gustard X26 here would be appreciated a lot..
I am planning to get it with usb version very soon, with THX aaa 789 that is yet shipping, with only pure silver cables, and Audeze Lcd-3 Fazor Post 2016
Pure silver cables? Seriously?

Don't mix up audiofriends and audioscience forums :)

VintageFlanker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
Top Bottom