• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of FX Audio DAC-X7 DAC & Amp

August

Can you say it again in english please? Google translate gives:
“脑放君” released some evaluation videos of hifi equipment on the Chinese video website “bilibili”. His pinyin abbreviation is also called “NFJ”. A few years ago he established his own brand NFHIFI through crowdfunding. I don't know if he is related to the "NFJ" in the text, just to verify. Because I saw him on their FX website, their Japanese agent named "NorthFlatJapan", abbreviated "NFJ".
(from Google Translate)

Tks

Major Contributor
The DX3 Pro continues it’s dominance in the all-in-one, bang for buck sector.

Oh btw the DX3 Pro uses dual 4493, not a single(I presume) 4490 this device uses.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The DX3 Pro continues it’s dominance in the all-in-one, bang for buck sector.
Sure. I really see no point to buying this instead of DX3 Pro. Price range is the same as DX3 is often saw under 200$. Industrial design, performance, and features are miles ahead of this cheap looking thing.
Still, there is the question of reliability... There are known issues with DX3 but I hope, a real customer service from Topping also. FX Audio doesn't inspire me that much, as a company.

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
“脑放君” released some evaluation videos of hifi equipment on the Chinese video website “bilibili”. His pinyin abbreviation is also called “NFJ”. A few years ago he established his own brand NFHIFI through crowdfunding. I don't know if he is related to the "NFJ" in the text, just to verify. Because I saw him on their FX website, their Japanese agent named "NorthFlatJapan", abbreviated "NFJ".
(from Google Translate)
Maybe I was wrong the whole time. I searched the name of the guy 王爽 and 飞想 there don't seem to be relations. Fuck that's embarrassing. I should have researched more before judging them. And nfhifi was still going in Chinese market, there seem to be some newer versions of the iems.
What tricked me was the tube amps. Because those tube amps look so similar to the 300B tube amp they made. Guess it's just cheap Chinese metal machinig.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe I was wrong the whole time. I searched the name of the guy 王爽 and 飞想 there don't seem to be relations. Fuck that's embarrassing. I should have researched more before judging them. And nfhifi was still going in Chinese market, there seem to be some newer versions of the iems.
What tricked me was the tube amps. Because those tube amps look so similar to the 300B tube amp they made. Guess it's just cheap Chinese metal machinig.

Those chinese cases all look the same.
FX-Audio made the D802 FDA, which is incredible value for the price (75$ now). I am not sure if NFJ was associated also. But if there are several, let's assume this one is not the same.

Tatteredmidnight

The lack of a remote is frustrating, as a combo unit with remote and line in (preamp functionality) would fill a bit of a void in the market, even if it's at a lower performance tier. I have applications where the additional flexibility this would provide would far outweigh the performance delta. I wonder if the line in is going through an ADC since the volume control is digital.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
According to the official specs in chinese, distortion with RCA and headphones out differ.
20190105014323_83964.jpg

http://www.szfxaudio.com/cn/product/product-43-696.html
But I can't really read chinese. Could someone confirm?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
According to the official specs in chinese, distortion with RCA and headphones out differ.
View attachment 29061
http://www.szfxaudio.com/cn/product/product-43-696.html
But I can't really read chinese. Could someone confirm?
In this case, i have read it months ago. It was very unprofessionally specified, just like many other companies. We are taking for granted for the companies like topping specifies the performance from ap analyzer. But still:
specified tpa6120 thd 0.00014%
lm4562 0.00003%
ak4118 low jitter
Rca out, 0.03% thd
rca snr, 115db
headphone out 0.002% thd
headphone out snr 110db

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Those chinese cases all look the same.
FX-Audio made the D802 FDA, which is incredible value for the price (75$ now). I am not sure if NFJ was associated also. But if there are several, let's assume this one is not the same.
I think I didn't clarify enough, there doesn't seem to be relationship between nfhifi(the one in the story) and nfj. It's just coincidence.

Ralf Stocker

Disappointing measurement results. That seems to be a layout problem. The Chinese just have to become more quality-conscious.

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This vs Jotunheim?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Disappointing measurement results. That seems to be a layout problem. The Chinese just have to become more quality-conscious.

You could say that of the country where Schiit is producted also!

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm , do you think the micro-USB input is of any interest?
I don't know of many DACs with such a feature.

August

@amirm , do you think the micro-USB input is of any interest?
I don't know of many DACs with such a feature.
Since they are xmos devices, OTG adapters and original phone cables allow them to easily pair with their phones. Without buying other cables

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As another way to power it, sure. Topping D50 and Schiit Modi are also powered externally that way using USB.

Is there any advanrage to expect over using the power supply?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is there any advanrage to expect over using the power supply?
Just convenience as it eliminates another power supply. For D50 for example, I power it from my computer.

Top Bottom