• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

doctorjuggles

I may have missed something, but why is the volume buttons and tapping so ingenious?

I think because it will be under the casing, you won’t see it, so you will just know to tap the case to adjust the volume. I’m not an expert and there are certainly hundreds of products out there I’ve never heard of, but it’s the first time I’ve personally seen this method of volume adjustment

Veri

Master Contributor
I may have missed something, but why is the volume buttons and tapping so ingenious?
Maybe a personal thing but it sure looks original and functional to me!

luisma

Forum Donor
you tap on one side of the metal it goes up on the other side it goes down

Now we just need to tap the sides to track up and down :)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And what's wrong with 2 regular buttons like my Smsl idea or the Sabaj da2? Never heard of them breaking or something.

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
I like to change usual things. Yes, it is a tiny accelerometer IC 2x2mm. I had an idea to add 7 filters presets switch by Y+/Y- acceleration(vol +/- assigned to Z+/Z-), but not sure if it isn't too much. Fixed on the phone back 9038D will react to tapping as well but you'll need to tap a bit more aggressively to move both units.

Andy79

Especially for the filters, it will be essential to find the sweetspot between needing to tap too hard and swithcing them involuntarily.

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
oh, fortunately, it is easy. I didn't see wrongly interpreted casual movement as a volume control event. The same thing would be with filters switch, I can protect it with two double-tap if needed but the problem isn't here. I noticed people tend to understand only simple interface, and they will overflow me with questions "what kinda filters?", "which one is better?", "why I hear no difference?" etc.

Labjr

Major Contributor
I would think adding ability to switch filters by tapping would complicate things unless there is some sort of visual feedback. Though having the ability to change filters via USB may be cool.

Last edited:

itsnot_lupus

oh, fortunately, it is easy. I didn't see wrongly interpreted casual movement as a volume control event. The same thing would be with filters switch, I can protect it with two double-tap if needed but the problem isn't here. I noticed people tend to understand only simple interface, and they will overflow me with questions "what kinda filters?", "which one is better?", "why I hear no difference?" etc.

Maybe an instruction video on your webpage will do the trick, then it will be just a copy/paste link answer to those questions.

luisma

Forum Donor
you bet they will ask and request everything, btw the conversion is done using FIR most likely right? (you see I'm already asking :)

escalibur

that's funny but I said my wife the same, however, Aliexpress editor don't let her add more for txt description.
How about Amazon or eBay? :)

headwhacker

Forum Donor
Got my 9038S Gen2 yesterday afternoon. Hit a snag getting the correct setting in UAPP to allow it to playback music without cutting the beginning 2 - 3 seconds of a song. But soon as I got the settings right, it's audio bliss. Enjoying music now using the CA Cascade on my Note 8.

This is a better alternative than bringing a separate DAP. The only thing I wish the 9038S have is a hardware volume control. I'm looking forward to 9038D.

Bixet

Got my 9038S Gen2 yesterday afternoon. Hit a snag getting the correct setting in UAPP to allow it to playback music without cutting the beginning 2 - 3 seconds of a song. But soon as I got the settings right, it's audio bliss. Enjoying music now using the CA Cascade on my Note 8.

Any particular settings for UAPP ? Can you elaborate what you had to do? tks

headwhacker

Forum Donor
headwhacker
I guess your DAC in the Performance either IEM mode if you'll switch it to the Normal or SE any setting of UAPP will work seamlessly. Performance and IEM modes are slower(but cleaner), that is the reason.

I had the DAC in Performance mode. Thanks. Already UAPP works seamlessly now even in Performance mode just by switching off the option mentioned above. So all is good.

Top Bottom