• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Cyrus soundKey DAC

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Audio doesn't scale linearly like that. The poor SINAD of this device makes it just a poor device.
Its definitely possible that your laptop is worse all around (especially in the amp department) and therefore this sounds "much better" but it doesnt make it good by any stretch of the imagination.

And not to reopen old wounds on the whole Ygdrgllyll debacle, but 88% of schiit is , well, schitter.

Joaquin Dinero

Forum Donor
And not to reopen old wounds on the whole Ygdrgllyll debacle, but 88% of schiit is , well, schitter.

Yea I was just being silly. I am far far away from a technical guru on this subject but its pretty obvious thats a bad result. But paying $2500 for something and then reading a review like that is a much worse result.

Still better than my laptop.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Yea I was just being silly. I am far far away from a technical guru on this subject but its pretty obvious thats a bad result. But paying $2500 for something and then reading a review like that is a much worse result.

Still better than my laptop.
I don't disagree lol. If the dongle is better than your laptop and you are fine with the performance then you are fine with it. Even if it wasn't great its only like $80 vs $2500. There are alot of good dongles now for low prices, so you can upgrade this dongle now if you still have it

Top Bottom