• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of AUDIOPHONICS DAC I-Sabre ES9038Q2M

Jungstar

@Audiophonics looking at these measurements it looks like THD+N is mostly dominated by the performance of < 1 euro NJM 2114 opamps which are spec'd at 0.0005% or -106db. I wonder what replacing these by something better would yield here because otherwise it seems like a very nice implementation.

I am also curious about these opamps, almost to the point where I would be willing to desolder and solder some new ones on.....

Also, the jitter test looks much better in the Raspdac mini streamer (same DAC) jitter test.... I can only see the Software Driver or Power Supply as changed... The voltage is also increased to 2 volts. Not sure how to do this....

index.php

statequieta

Hi @Audiophonics. I've got a raspberry pi with allo kali reclocker. Could I use this DAC right away over the rpi+kali? Or do I need your KALI ALLO / AUDIOPHONICS ES9038Q2M GPIO Adapter board?

Thanks!

Audiophonics

Dealer
Hi @Audiophonics. I've got a raspberry pi with allo kali reclocker. Could I use this DAC right away over the rpi+kali? Or do I need your KALI ALLO / AUDIOPHONICS ES9038Q2M GPIO Adapter board?

Thanks!
Hi,
Yes you can totally use it without the special edition with reversed GPIO connector.

We remain at your disposal for any needs or questions.

B.R

Top Bottom