• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Audio-GD R8

Smusique

One day? I thought the hype around Audio-gd went away at least a couple of years ago if not before. Even people like you have moved on to greener pastures.

Performance aside, has something changed about having to paypal the money to some individual to order something?
Lol your smartphone has all the tech you needyou aint fooling nobody…you lost your track on audio-gd because of the hate in your heart…its heaven of sounds
Audio-GD R8 has the third harmonic of a 1kHz tone well above -80dB, and it has lots and lots of other prominent distortion products. I wouldn't worry about it being audible, but a SOTA low distortion design it most definitely isn't.

Topping E70, a "dirty" op-amp based design, has all of its distortion products from a 1kHz tone well below -140dB, just saying...

I don't understand your argument about THD. The numbers are very much against you.
Blaaaaaah. Blaaaaah. Another hater like @amirm

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I don't feel any hate, but you can't deny that this:

index.php

is a lot more distortion than this:

index.php

I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy your Audio-GD DAC. Again: Even that "atrocious" thrird harmonic at around -80dB is probably well below audibility when listening to actual music.

I bet there's plenty of reasons why you prefer products from Audio-GD, but "op-amp distortion" in other products can't possibly be one of them. They simply don't exist.

Smusique

Dudes and gals. I have had all the dacs you trying to argument about. Dont waste your life with measurements.

When you guys try the acss cables on audio-gd you know its a different league.

staticV3

Master Contributor
When you guys try the acss cables on audio-gd you know its a different league.
Where's that confidence coming from?
Most of us here know how pathetically easy it is to trick the brain. We go to great lengths to make sure those tricks won't cloud our judgement.
Do you? If so, how?

Oh and please don't just label me as a "hater" and move on. That's weakass.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
6/10 for persistence and stamina
2/10 for content

Can we please not banish this one as I don't believe they deserve the kudos that might get them elsewhere. Troll purgatory.

jaymusic

Depending in what happens with my ‘repair’ of my NAD M33 I may be back in the market for a main listening room DAC. Glad I read this thread. It won’t be AudioGD!

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Should I leave?
Yes, you should. It would be a great service for everyone. Just leave.
I feel threatened to be here
Oh poor victim. You came to call everyone an AGD hater on the forum, including the founder, you violated basic rules by publishing a screenshot from a private conversation and now you feel threatened...

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Blaaaaaah. Blaaaaah. Another hater like @amirm
Sounds and reads to me like you’re the one with all the hate! So we send you on your way in the hopes that you can find some peace elsewhere.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
@Killingbeans you shouldn't waste your time for this pathetic level of trolling.

Maybe it's time for someone to show him the door.

I'm always ready to spend a bit of time on an appeal to reason, as long as I can keep my cool.

But yeah, it's pretty naive of me to think that it actually makes a difference :D

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I'm always ready to spend a bit of time on an appeal to reason, as long as I can keep my cool.
“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.” -Jonathan Swift

Of course in this case, the trolling was transparently insincere. I have no idea why anyone even bothers to respond to stuff like that.

Top Bottom