• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel Subwoofer Measurements?

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
How small do you need the sub to be? Looks like the smallest Rythmiks are 14" or so.
You're talking about the L12? No balanced input there.

Bear123

Addicted to Fun and Learning
OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
F12se is too large also?
F12se
It's pushing it. I asked Ascend Acoustics for a quote. Haven't gotten a response yet.

Did you look at the spreadsheet I posted? Not that I don't appreciate your suggestions.

Bear123

Woops sorry no, not until you just mentioned it. I was actually thinking...dang....its hard to know exactly what your limitations are haha. I see it now.

stren

Forum Donor
So you want small, white, cheap, balanced inputs and availability outside of the US? Anything else while we're here... maybe a unicorn or two?

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
So you want small, white, cheap, balanced inputs and availability outside of the US? Anything else while we're here... maybe a unicorn or two?
We have herds of them up here, roaming free, blending into the snow... Or haven't you heard?

Bear123

Just curious, how absolutely impossible is it to gain an inch or two in one direction or the other if needed?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
$2,500 for a 10 inch sub with -10dB point of 24Hz in extended mode?!?! WTH!

Why so expensive?
It is sold through dealer channel so has to have good bit of margin dedicated to that. But yes, I agree the list price is quite high.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you’re in Canada and have form factor/size constraints look up Nathan Funk. While there may be others (isn’t @Joseph Crowe also Canadian?) I know Nathan does custom subs. There’s no reason to settle for commercial almost-right when you can commission exactly what you want. Subs are easy - big piston, closed box, big power: done.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Man, you guys a have a real fervent sense of value:)

Another dealer got back to me and offered $2700 CAD for the B110v2 (with sales tax over here that would make it $3050 total). Unfortunately, around the same time, Revel replied and had this to say about measurements:
We do not have that kind of information available. The engineers only make certain information available to us and to consumers. I have looked and I do not see that information presented. You may reach out to a dealer for more information to see if they have additional information.
So they are out of the running. No reason to reward tight lips.
Just curious, how absolutely impossible is it to gain an inch or two in one direction or the other if needed?
It's not that strict. I would have really liked to have an F12, and have been wanting to get one for a while, but neither Rythmik nor Ascend ship direct to Canada (confirmed today).

So: Arendal Sound 1723 1S. It's got fancy DSP built into the amp and looks nice. Good 10-year warranty as well.

Prolix

Forum Donor
Years ago I got a demo B112 in walnut for like $1300. Used ones were going for under $1500. It looks like a piece of quality furniture. It's relatively small. It integrates seamlessly, sounds effortless, and eqs flat past 20hz. People toss a lot of shade at speaker company subs but this thing is one of my all time favorite audio purchases. Lots of gear comes and goes but this piece stays put.

Last edited:

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Years ago I got a demo B112 in walnut for like $1300. Used ones were going for under $1500. It looks like a piece of quality furniture. It's relatively small. It integrates seamlessly, sounds effortless, and eqs flat past 20hz. People toss a lot of shade at speaker company subs but this thing is one of my all time favorite audio purchases. Lots of gear comes and goes but this piece stays put.

Longevity is one reason I often recommend spending more on subwoofers. The great thing about subs is that they don't really have a sound of their own(at least not to the degree that speakers do), so you can mix, match, and reuse as you continuously upgrade your speakers. If you need more output, you can always just buy another of the same.

Top Bottom