• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel Salon 2

Wombat

Master Contributor
Sales-speak, marketing-speak meets savvy consumers. :rolleyes:

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Two years ago my customer purchased what he thought was a new pair of Salon 2’s when they arrived they clearly weren’t new, it has taken this long for the Harman and their U.K. distributor to replace them, in the meantime e heard the Kiis/8Cs and preferred them to the Salons.
But for passive speakers they aren’t bad.
Keith

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Two years ago my customer purchased what he thought was a new pair of Salon 2’s when they arrived they clearly weren’t new, it has taken this long for the Harman and their U.K. distributor to replace them, in the meantime e heard the Kiis/8Cs and preferred them to the Salons.
But for passive speakers they aren’t bad.
Keith

Sounds terrible. Is that typical of Harman's customer service in your experience?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Harman in the U.K. is a mess, their U.K. distributor well... they aren’t ‘distributors’ because they don’t appoint any retailers, they even tried to steal a potential customer by telling me that a particular loudspeaker wasn’t available while writing to my customer offering to demonstrate it to him directly on the very same day!
Harman don’t seem to care, which is a pity because they have some decent products.
Keith

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Harman in the U.K. is a mess, their U.K. distributor well... they aren’t ‘distributors’ because they don’t appoint any retailers, they even tried to steal a potential customer by telling me that a particular loudspeaker wasn’t available while writing to my customer offering to demonstrate it to him directly on the very same day!
Harman don’t seem to care, which is a pity because they have some decent products.
Keith

That's very disappointing to hear. Aside from their products, the research they conduct and that Dr Toole shares publicly is such a useful resource. It would be nice to think they were just as generous on the commercial side of what they do too. Sadly no, apparently...

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I have heard horror stories from others of Harman U.K. but it would only be gossip from me.

That is an outstanding deal on a new pair Salon2's; I paid roughly that for blems. I'd jump on them except (a) I do not live on the right side of the pond; and, (b) I already have six and have no place to put another pair. :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Hey Keith, how about having mercy on a poor retired old man living on a small fixed income. Ship them to me and you can write it off as a tax deduction. You can claim it as a cheriable contribution and I'll pay the taxable income. Just think about all the good karma and how wonderful you'll feel going to bed at night knowing you've done this wonderful deed.
What you put out in life always comes back to you in some way, the good things sometimes 2 & 3 fold. ;)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That’s a great idea Sal what’s Amir’s address.
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sorry, when you said ,’poor retired old man,living on a fixed income’...
Keith

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Keith
I can confirm this, they are horrendous.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Being used at this year’s RMAF, John Atkinson liked them,

Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Being used at this year’s RMAF, John Atkinson liked them,

Keith
Keith, aren't you getting a little too "desperate dealer" now.
You'll sell them, don't worry, be happy.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
He'll never sell those overpriced pieces of junk. I think his best bet is to write off the loss and ship them to me for disposal. :D

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He'll never sell those overpriced pieces of junk. I think his best bet is to write off the loss and ship them to me for disposal. :D
Or better send them to me where I will burn them on the altar of Cheapness!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There is good news potentially, Harman now appear to be distributing themselves in the U.K. or under the auspices of Arcam,
I have written , which JBL’s shall I get?
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Or better send them to me where I will burn them on the altar of Cheapness!
You guys have to get in line, I offered him that option much earlier in this thread.
Like Thomas just said, they don't appreciate JBL in the UK, they would be more highly honered in the US. ;)

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I did get in line, just cut in front. :)

Trust me, Keith, they'd much rather be in the clear mountain air than some smelly old swamp. :D

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I did get in line, just cut in front. :)

Trust me, Keith, they'd much rather be in the clear mountain air than some smelly old swamp. :D
Step back sonny. :mad:
I've heard the veneer may crack in the cold, and the beautiful finish craze.o_O
Besides the drivers not performing to spec in the mile high altitude. :eek:
JK

Top Bottom