• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Revel Salon 2

Wombat

Major Contributor
Sales-speak, marketing-speak meets savvy consumers. :rolleyes:

Purité Audio

Major Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Patreon Donor
Two years ago my customer purchased what he thought was a new pair of Salon 2’s when they arrived they clearly weren’t new, it has taken this long for the Harman and their U.K. distributor to replace them, in the meantime e heard the Kiis/8Cs and preferred them to the Salons.
But for passive speakers they aren’t bad.
Keith

andreasmaaan

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Two years ago my customer purchased what he thought was a new pair of Salon 2’s when they arrived they clearly weren’t new, it has taken this long for the Harman and their U.K. distributor to replace them, in the meantime e heard the Kiis/8Cs and preferred them to the Salons.
But for passive speakers they aren’t bad.
Keith
Sounds terrible. Is that typical of Harman's customer service in your experience?

Purité Audio

Major Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Patreon Donor
Harman in the U.K. is a mess, their U.K. distributor well... they aren’t ‘distributors’ because they don’t appoint any retailers, they even tried to steal a potential customer by telling me that a particular loudspeaker wasn’t available while writing to my customer offering to demonstrate it to him directly on the very same day!
Harman don’t seem to care, which is a pity because they have some decent products.
Keith

andreasmaaan

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Harman in the U.K. is a mess, their U.K. distributor well... they aren’t ‘distributors’ because they don’t appoint any retailers, they even tried to steal a potential customer by telling me that a particular loudspeaker wasn’t available while writing to my customer offering to demonstrate it to him directly on the very same day!
Harman don’t seem to care, which is a pity because they have some decent products.
Keith
That's very disappointing to hear. Aside from their products, the research they conduct and that Dr Toole shares publicly is such a useful resource. It would be nice to think they were just as generous on the commercial side of what they do too. Sadly no, apparently...

DonH56

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Patreon Donor
I have heard horror stories from others of Harman U.K. but it would only be gossip from me.

That is an outstanding deal on a new pair Salon2's; I paid roughly that for blems. I'd jump on them except (a) I do not live on the right side of the pond; and, (b) I already have six and have no place to put another pair. :)

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Hey Keith, how about having mercy on a poor retired old man living on a small fixed income. Ship them to me and you can write it off as a tax deduction. You can claim it as a cheriable contribution and I'll pay the taxable income. Just think about all the good karma and how wonderful you'll feel going to bed at night knowing you've done this wonderful deed.
What you put out in life always comes back to you in some way, the good things sometimes 2 & 3 fold. ;)

Thomas savage

MQA all the Way
The Watchman
Patreon Donor
Keith
I can confirm this, they are horrendous.