• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel sale

BillH

Forum Donor
All,
The A&B TV of Austin has a weekly advertisement that says that Revel speakers are up to 50% off retail price.
http://statesmanwebsolutions.com/ads/abtv/weekly.pdf

I have no affiliation with the company nor with Revel. I will say that I recently got a good price from them on M105s with no issues in the transaction or delivery.

Ucftechguru

Forum Donor
All,
The A&B TV of Austin has a weekly advertisement that says that Revel speakers are up to 50% off retail price.
http://statesmanwebsolutions.com/ads/abtv/weekly.pdf

I have no affiliation with the company nor with Revel. I will say that I recently got a good price from them on M105s with no issues in the transaction or delivery.

I got a pair of Revel m105 from them recently and it was a great deal IMO. Brand new.

mackat

Forum Donor
Thanks for posting this, I just ordered a pair of M105‘s in walnut from them. They gave me an excellent price! I really look forward to comparing them with my Paradigm Mini Monitor v7‘s.

I was considering springing for the F206‘s if they were as heavily discounted as the M105’s, but, unfortunately (or, rather, fortunately for my wallet), they were not.

mackat

Forum Donor
Think they ship speakers?
Well, I’m in California, so I sure hope they do! :)

All jokes aside, they are shipping them to me. Now, from what I’ve read, only a select few internet retailers are actually *authorized* to do this by Revel, so this has the potential for warranty issues later on (not that I heard any of this from them). At the price I got, though, that’s a gamble I’m willing to take.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
The Screening Room is my dealer, though I worked with John.

Any dealer can ship, or have speakers drop shipped direct to you, but there are generally restrictions if there is another dealer in your area.

ankurg

All jokes aside, they are shipping them to me. Now, from what I’ve read, only a select few internet retailers are actually *authorized* to do this by Revel, so this has the potential for warranty issues later on (not that I heard any of this from them). At the price I got, though, that’s a gamble I’m willing to take.
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I've been wanting a pair of M105 and was able to order one from them.

mackat

Forum Donor
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I've been wanting a pair of M105 and was able to order one from them.
Glad to hear that! Mine are due to arrive on Thursday, I’m very excited to give them a listen.

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

How hard is it to order Revel parts out of warranty?
B&W makes it pretty easy through their website. Then again, B&W is apparently not profitable.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Boy that's pretty cheap. I was hoping to sell my four extra F206's for about that (barely used, been sitting for a year now, was debating passing them on to the kids but really need to get rid of them -- just a PITA to get their boxes out of storage!)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Dang, 43% discount.

Shows how big the margin must be on these.
I sold gear for 9 years many moons ago when I was younger and that discount is about the markup on speakers. Plus or minus a little depending on the brand. Stuff like Sony has low markup because Sony sets the retail prices low but the rest of the gear has healthy margins.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I sold gear for 9 years many moons ago when I was younger and that discount is about the markup on speakers. Plus or minus a little depending on the brand. Stuff like Sony has low markup because Sony sets the retail prices low but the rest of the gear has healthy margins.

Is the markup on electronics higher or lower?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the markup on electronics higher or lower?
Depends on the brand. Sony is ~24%-28% sell price on electronics not including video gear. Video gear is very low margins. Other audio electronics like Yamaha, Luxman, Pioneer, HK etc are about 40% and usually get sold for about 32%-35%. It depends on the salesman and if it's in a package or not but those are pretty close approximations.

Top Bottom