• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel M106 speaker got dinged.

geronimo1958

Forum Donor
My relatively new Revel M106 got dinged a bit. The "edge" is gone. Is there any remedy other than some touch up paint? Those responsible will have to pay. If the only fix is a little touch up paint anyone care to guess how much this minor blemish would reduce the value on the used market? Just trying to get an idea of what to demand for compensation.

speaker ding.jpg

boselover61

I say try to go to a painters shop and have they professionally paint it for you

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My relatively new Revel M106 got dinged a bit. The "edge" is gone. Is there any remedy other than some touch up paint? Those responsible will have to pay. If the only fix is a little touch up paint anyone care to guess how much this minor blemish would reduce the value on the used market? Just trying to get an idea of what to demand for compensation.

View attachment 146613
Have them buy you a new pair and they can have this pair to sell at the best price possible.
That’s the only way you’ll be whole.

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Gloss black is tough to touch up. One suggestion is to contact a piano store to see who they use for repairs.

amper42

Major Contributor
I use a black stain pen or a black magic marker to hide little dings. It works on my grand piano. Just depends how perfect you need it. If the speaker works it's probably not more than $130 off a normal used sales price for resale adjustment.

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Really? Just see if the dealer/supplier can sort a swap for a new single unit for a bit of dollars their way? Revel will take the old one back, respray and sell it B stock? or does no one do that anymore?

Jas0_0

Forum Donor
Black nail varnish? Worked a treat on my old car door edge after it swung open and hit a wall. Plus useful to have around the house for Halloween/Marilyn Manson gigs.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If this finish is similar to what Yamaha applies to pianos, it's a catalyzed polyester resin (plastic), rather than paint.

A competent piano repair shop can sort this out.

This is not a job for a first time DIY.

Music1969

Major Contributor
If this finish is similar to what Yamaha applies to pianos, it's a catalyzed polyester resin (plastic), rather than paint.

A competent piano repair shop can sort this out.

This is not a job for a first time DIY.

Not sure why I decided to click play on this but glad i did.

What an artist !

OP
geronimo1958

geronimo1958

Forum Donor
Thanks for all of the responses. I will check with the shop from which I purchased the speaker to see if they have any repair shops they recommend. There should be a walk thru soon with the company that was working in my condo and I will point out the damage their workers caused.

Top Bottom