• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel F328Be Speaker Review

q3cpma

Major Contributor
What's with the cheap, super budget looking exposed screws on these $16,000 speakers?
Here's the baffle on their cheapest, entry level floorstander:
917revel.lige.jpg

$5 for trim rings was out of budget?
To be honest, I don't have a problem with the screws except the ones in the waveguide they didn't paint in white for god knows what reason.

MarkS

Major Contributor
I don't care about the screws, because I would want to use the grilles. But those would affect the sound, because Revel was too cheap to design and implement diffractionless grilles, which other companies include at small fractions of the cost.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The screws for the tweeter are recessed but those for the 8 inch woofers protrude a bit on the F208's. Didn't someone here measure the sonic effect of protruding screws?

Attachments

• 20210615_135019.jpg
    20210615_135019.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 159

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Vhond

Your not talking about Quality your talking about branding

The quality of the xo can be checked on the excellent response
Results are great objective and subjectively
Haha, and this forum is about good measurements, I guess the components of this filter are not the best speaking of specs/measurements.
I AGREE on how it sounds and all together it measures well but you would expect better components can do better?

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Haha, and this forum is about good measurements, I guess the components of this filter are not the best speaking of specs/measurements.
I AGREE on how it sounds and all together it measures well but you would expect better components can do better?

“Better” (higher priced/different type) components of same values have been checked here. Maybe someone can link it or search for it.

Martini

Forum Donor

“Better” (higher priced/different type) components of same values have been checked here. Maybe someone can link it or search for it.

Here you go - https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...tor-upgrade-in-crossover-is-it-audible.12287/

amper42

Major Contributor
111.png

The black and walnut Revel F328Be versions are $17,600.00. Someone forgot a "0" on the silver version. They are out of stock so I would not expect the deal to ship before they caught the price. :p

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 156591

The black and walnut Revel F328Be versions are $17,600.00. Someone forgot a "0" on the silver version. They are out of stock so I would not expect the deal to ship before they caught the price. :p
Haha, good catch. I guess this happened when they had to make their change due to the Revel 10% price increase.

Martini

Forum Donor
Looks like they have caught their mistake. The price increase makes me feel even better with my purchase. Loving the speaker!

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There is a current review online:

EDIT: No measurements available and highly subjective, so to be taken with a grain of salt

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm you nay have answered this already and I am sorry if I missed your reply within 40 pages of comments but what is the reason that you have not measured your Salon2? Is that due to the size/weight and hence the effort required to carry it to the testing room?

D

Deleted member 43441

Updated using optimized measurements

Preference Rating
SCORE: 6.5
SCORE w/sub: 7.8

Sensitivity: 91.3dB
Frequency response: +/- 2.8dB 80Hz-20kHz

I know this review was done quite awhile back, but that is a very glowing review. I have a set of their F52s which sound very good, but I know these are in a different league. Thanks for the review it was very interesting.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
To be honest, I don't have a problem with the screws except the ones in the waveguide they didn't paint in white for god knows what reason.

There's no problem with visible screws, as long as they match the driver basket/waveguide colour.

Trim rings scream cheap and nasty and only get in the way when you need to tighten up or remove a driver.

steve59

Major Contributor
I know this review was done quite awhile back, but that is a very glowing review. I have a set of their F52s which sound very good, but I know these are in a different league. Thanks for the review it was very interesting.
You might be surprised at how well the f52 stand the test of time. While the tweeter might be a bit cheap it is a soundstaging champ and is one of revels easier to drive speakers.

Top Bottom