• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel f32 vs Kef R3

bicho_solto

I understand this is an apples vs oranges question as I’m trying to compare a floorstander with a bookshelf speaker but, if you had to choose what would you pick? This is for a mid sized room

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
What are the room dimensions? What shape is the room? What is your listening distance? What average SPL are you trying to achieve? What is the application?

3125b

Major Contributor
The floorstander obviously has its inherent advantages (more driver area, bigger volume etc.) that will be hard to overcome for a bookshelf speaker.
I haven‘t seen any measurements of the F32, however given Revels focus I don‘t doubt that despite being a lower-end and older model it performs reasonably well if in good condition.
The R3 though is the best bookshelf speaker at the 1000€/pair price point no doubt, it has very flat FR, great directivity and very decent SPL capabilities.

Ultimately the choice would depend on your room and listening distance, neither is bad. Either of these speakers will be more enjoyable with a sub.

Top Bottom