• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel F228Be Review (Speaker)

Lsc

Thanks everyone.
So it seems my amp (Denon PMA-SX11) is powerful enough.
Actually I was thinking of getting one of those purifi amps and was wondering if the current 1ET400A is enough or I should wait till the newer, more powerful one comes out.
The F228Be is pretty easy to drive so there is more flexibility to get great sound out of them.

CondorCJ

So I have been enjoying my F228's for a few years now. I have them spread pretty widely to accommodate a 130" wide screen between. I used the room for mostly theater but some 2 channel. I want to move to an AT screen so I can situate the C426Be behind the screen and at the same height. My question is, how close to you think I can place the F228's to the wall? I'd like to put it all behind the screen for a clean look and to keep small hands away, just not sure what I can get away with for depth behind the screen.
Thanks.

gallantus

I have the F228Be in piano black on order. It will be paired with my Yamaha A-S2200. Supply chain is a mess, so I'm not getting them until March to May of next year.

@amirm if only yours were in piano black, I would be sending you a message to buy them. I currently I have the NHT C4 holding me over, which by the way, would love to see you measure the NHT C4.

Edit: Originally, I was considering the F206, then changed my mind to the F208, then I said the heck with it, just splurge a little so ordered the F226, two weeks later, I said F it, I only live once, changed my order to the F228. Then the dealer tried to convince to me to double F it and to get the F328, which was in stock btw. Unfortunately, I couldn't double F it, F'in it once is as big as my balls can get unfortunately.

Last edited:

radix

Major Contributor
Edit: Originally, I was considering the F206, then changed my mind to the F208, then I said the heck with it, just splurge a little so ordered the F226, two weeks later, I said F it, I only live once, changed my order to the F228. Then the dealer tried to convince to me to double F it and to get the F328, which was in stock btw. Unfortunately, I couldn't double F it, F'in it once is as big as my balls can get unfortunately.

That's basically the process I went through, though I managed to not order and reorder, I just agonized over shopping carts. The F228be has great in-room response for me. You'll be (eventually) happy.

BdoUK

I have the F228Be in piano black on order. It will be paired with my Yamaha A-S2200. Supply chain is a mess, so I'm not getting them until March to May of next year.

@amirm if only yours were in piano black, I would be sending you a message to buy them. I currently I have the NHT C4 holding me over, which buy the way, would love to see you measure the NHT C4.

I ordered a pair of F226Be gloss black in February and they didn't show up until late October. The projected delivery date shifted numerous times during that period.

gallantus

I ordered a pair of F226Be gloss black in February and they didn't show up until late October. The projected delivery date shifted numerous times during that period.
Funny thing is, I saw the F226 came in around the time you got yours and I was thinking to myself dammit, maybe I should of stuck with the F226!

But I contacted my dealer today, he told me the target date is not March, it was originally estimated December. But my gut feels that it may get push back even more.

Anyways, here I am complaining about a first world problem. I should shut up.

gallantus

Couldn't wait anymore. F226Be are coming in this Friday. Woohoo!

Screenshot_20211214-194211~2.png

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm if only yours were in piano black, I would be sending you a message to buy them.
Boy, do I wish I could sell this speaker. I have it packed in its giant package, taking up so much room.

BTW, the story behind this speaker is that a member bought a pair of them from our company. One was to come to me for testing and the other to a forwarding location in Florida as he is Australia. Well, I got my unit and the other went to his forwarding company but by then, he changed his mind and didn't want them anymore. :( Harman hit us with a $2,000 restocking fee for the unit that went to the forwarding company and I am stuck with the other one. So we are out thousands of dollars on this deal.

gallantus

Boy, do I wish I could sell this speaker. I have it packed in its giant package, taking up so much room.

BTW, the story behind this speaker is that a member bought a pair of them from our company. One was to come to me for testing and the other to a forwarding location in Florida as he is Australia. Well, I got my unit and the other went to his forwarding company but by then, he changed his mind and didn't want them anymore. :( Harman hit us with a $2,000 restocking fee for the unit that went to the forwarding company and I am stuck with the other one. So we are out thousands of dollars on this deal.
Wait, so you have just ONE F228, not a pair but just ONE? That would be very hard for you to sell!

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning

I’ll give you $5 plus shipping for it ;)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wait, so you have just ONE F228, not a pair but just ONE? That would be very hard for you to sell!
No, I can get more from Harman direct. They sell them individually.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Jdunk54nl

You mean you can't even do $50? I can't even buy a chocolate bar for $5!
Ok you have a deal for $50 plus shipping. ;)

Jdunk54nl

Wonderful. Shipping will be $5,000 on top of that.
I’ll hire my own shipping company…might even just drive up there myself to get it. Would cost less than $5000

On that note. A local friend says he uses uship quite often to ship large items. He has bought and shipped a lot of towers for cheap. He did say problem is timeline. It could take a couple weeks plus to get someone to pick it up.

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
Well, I got my unit and the other went to his forwarding company but by then, he changed his mind and didn't want them anymore. :( Harman hit us with a $2,000 restocking fee for the unit that went to the forwarding company and I am stuck with the other one. So we are out thousands of dollars on this deal.

We need the dislike reaction just for this post.

YSC

Major Contributor
Wonderful. Shipping will be $5,000 on top of that.
I was tempted to say I will pay $500 and buy myself a ticket to fly them to Hong Kong, but... looking at what I have to throw away just to put them in the tiny apartment... I gave up

Top Bottom