• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel Customer Service?

clayshooter100

Good morning all,

Does anyone know a good number or email address for Harman parts? I'm trying to buy a new shipping box for a C208 center channel. Mine was damaged during shipping when I originally bought the speaker. Their customer service phone number times-out and says "we are having technical difficulties". I have submitted a couple emails but haven't heard anything back weeks later.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-David

OP
C

clayshooter100

Going at this another way, does anyone have a shipping box for a C208 they are willing to part with? I'd pay $50 plus the shipping to get it to me.

-David

Tonygeno

Forum Donor
Good morning all,

Does anyone know a good number or email address for Harman parts? I'm trying to buy a new shipping box for a C208 center channel. Mine was damaged during shipping when I originally bought the speaker. Their customer service phone number times-out and says "we are having technical difficulties". I have submitted a couple emails but haven't heard anything back weeks later.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-David
Customer service at its finest. Weird to say the least. I wish I could help.

OP
C

clayshooter100

Customer service at its finest. Weird to say the least. I wish I could help.
Yes, it is a bit disappointing. I've had similar experiences with Klipsch customer service. On the other hand, KEF and Arendal have been outstanding. It's amazing how much customer service varies from brand to brand.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, it is a bit disappointing. I've had similar experiences with Klipsch customer service. On the other hand, KEF and Arendal have been outstanding. It's amazing how much customer service varies from brand to brand.
I'd suggest you go through your dealer. Direct end user interaction with a multi-national outfit like Samsung/Harmon is guaranteed to produce anxiety.

I've mentioned this before, but my interaction with dbx customer service (are they still Harman?) made me swear I'd never buy direct from Harman, again.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not the first time , we/I have heard of such. Hope they (Harman!! Yes! You!) are listening/reading; there is cause for concern. even if, from anecdotic accounts... I expected more from a brand that sells premium-priced wared wares.

Peace.

Elkerton

[email protected]

Revel is part of Harman's "Luxury" product lines; therefore it has its own parts department. I ran around in circles trying to get a woofer for my M105s which I inadvertently blew (not its fault), made worse because I live in Canada.

Good luck, David!

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Eh, how hard to communicate with technical support when you start to be rude. Once I called about the heating in the technical support, I just needed an engineer to change the meter, and I was so aggressively answered, and almost sent away.
I must repeat, my experience with dbx tech support was first rate. It required an email (no direct phone contact). I received an answer within 24 hours. Maybe it was two days. But the answer came, made sense, and was helpful.

My problem was dealing with 'customer service' folks-- getting them to do what they said they would do. That said, the two or three or four people I spoke with on the phone were pleasant.

Tech Support (Option 2) no doubt have received some product training, and better know product ins and outs; or can escalate a problem to someone who is able to help. Customer Service (Option 3) is probably just a call center phone bank, where orders and returns are processed. They might as well be handling steam irons and electric toothbrushes, and likely are.

There's a 'funny' (not really funny, but you know what I mean) article now up on Tom's Hardware. About an Internet company's tech support. How call center workers are graded by the length of their phone interaction (less is better) and how they are given a demerit if customer calls back within 48 hours with the same problem.

In order to get around their hapless situation (hapless because the company's Internet service sucks, and there is no fix available) they advise customers that 'the tower is being upgraded' and if their connection problems are not back to normal after 48 hours, then call back! Short and sweet. Call lasts less than a minute, and they don't get a call back until after the 48 hour deadline. :cool:

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You have to understand them. How would you behave if you were constantly working with people, constantly trying to explain something.
The death of local product support is a big negative. Not just in audio. With anything. I know it's easy to become frustrated in the process. Dialing a number and navigating a menu tree. When you find the right button to press, you're put on hold for ten or twenty minutes because "We are experiencing a longer wait time than usual. Please hold because we value your... whatever." Then, once the call center connects, the line drops off to either silence, so you don't know if you are connected at all, or the dial tone. You go through the process again, praying to the call center goddess that this time you'll get some love.

I ask myself, why is Call Center Babe working in what is likely the middle of the night for her, on the weekend, for whatever minimum wage is in her country? Probably has a couple of hungry kids at home, so this is a second job she takes after kids are in bed, in order to make ends meet. I tell myself that. Who knows if it is even close to the truth? It keeps me from going off. Like misery loves company.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Going at this another way, does anyone have a shipping box for a C208 they are willing to part with? I'd pay $50 plus the shipping to get it to me.

-David
If you are willing to pay $50, call a/your dealer or Crutchfield or similar. They may sell you the display units box for $50 or have an easier time getting one.
You could even call Amir's shop Madrona Digital, maybe they can help.
Not the first time , we/I have heard of such. Hope they (Harman!! Yes! You!) are listening/reading; there is cause for concern. even if, from anecdotic accounts... I expected more from a brand that sells premium-priced wared wares.

Peace.
Well, you are supposed to be working with a dealer. Revel is not available direct on purpose and Harman doesn't want to talk with you about Revel, they are supporting/essentially paying their dealers to be the brand leaders and frontline for service and they are expected to be available.

Top Bottom