• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel 328be: Vertical dispersion

Will2campb

From the vertical dispersion chart, if the speakers are 8 feet apart, the listener is 10 feet away, and the listener’s ears are at 37 inches, would the response be ideal? The 328be’s tweeter is 49 inches from the floor.

maxxevv

Major Contributor

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From the vertical dispersion chart, if the speakers are 8 feet apart, the listener is 10 feet away, and the listener’s ears are at 37 inches, would the response be ideal? The 328be’s tweeter is 49 inches from the floor.

a = distance from center to speaker, b = distance from center to listener
a = 48", b = 120"
c = √(a² +b²) = ~129" (distance from speaker to listener)

a = difference between tweeter and ear height
b = distance to speaker

a = 12", b = 129"
c = √(a² +b²) = 129.6"
∠α = arcsin(a/c) = ~5.3°

No issue with this distance.

You have to be within 20 degrees. Someone needs to do the middle school math to see if that is the case or not. :)

A helpful calculator. ;)

sfdoddsy

Depends on how sensitive you are to vertical dispersion issues.

I slump whilst listening and hence am very sensitive to it.

Assuming all other measurements are the same, I’d choose the F228be (or the F226be) plus a pair of good subs for just that reason.

I wouldn’t pay $16k for speakers that tall in the room you describe.

OP
W

Will2campb

You have to be within 20 degrees. Someone needs to do the middle school math to see if that is the case or not. :)
Thanks for all the great responses!

Top Bottom