• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Resonessence Mirus Pro DAC - expert Sabre tech required

Eagle3333

I introduced a problem with this DAC in the Holo May thread as an aside. I need to call, one more time, on the forum's collective wisdom and guess this is a better place to do it.

In summary, my output stage has failed, on both RCA and XLR. Everything else appears to work according to the screen display. Resonessence are no more, so there's no help there. (I know several Mirus owners looking for support).

The tech to whom I sent it got as far as following:

I've confirmed it doesn't output any audio and having a measure around inside, I've found a couple of voltage regulators that could be supplying the output modules that are not working correctly and could be the source of the issue. I'll need to get in touch with Resonessence to see if they can supply me with either a service manual or circuit diagrams because without these, there's no way I can begin to try and trace the fault (due to the design of the main circuit board layout ) and work out what these regulators supply (or are supplied from).

Later:

The 2 IC's that we would have started with (having a guess at the design) are the 24LC2641 & AD11001B (you can't read them clearly on the devices but I think these are the references). Even if you can source these, there's no guarantee they are the source of the problem

The tech was an excellent fellow but can any of the experts here recommend anyone in the UK who might be better versed in Sabre DACs before I send it to the parts graveyard?

Thanks.

Attachments

• invicita-mirus-pro_7.png.jpg
    invicita-mirus-pro_7.png.jpg
    839.7 KB · Views: 46
  • invicita-mirus-pro_8.png.jpg
    invicita-mirus-pro_8.png.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9012ss.jpg
    IMG_9012ss.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom