• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reset: it's the music that we love

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm enjoying ASR, I'm learning loads, I'm informed and I'm entertained. I've remodelled my hi-fi for the (much) better because of this place and you people.

Sometimes the discussions get a bit intense ...

I was driving this morning and a song came on the radio that just blew me away - took me right back to why all this matters: The Commodores "Easy".

Cheesy as you like, playing over radio on the car stereo.
I turned it up and sang along - absolutely fantastic.

We all have moments like this; where SINAD or digital resolution or vinyl tracking or the mastering or loudness just doesn't matter.

Be happy: what's your moment?

Katji

Major Contributor
Be happy: what's your moment?
SOULECTION ..Soulection Radio shows - Saturdays on Apple Music Radio, archived on Soundcloud 6 days later.
99% or at least >95%, with the rest being digressions to Youtube, either from posts on ASR or from tracks in the mixes.
I was going to say for about the last 5-6 months or so but i checked the file dates and it goes back to around June last year. I had Soulection in the Follow list a couple years ago but i mostly skipped them in the feed, I needed to adapt to the vocoder vocals and some of the nu-Soul/R&B stuff.
# future beats # Soul R&B # Reggae [dub lovers rock mostly] # Hip-Hop [souly hip-hop / instrumental / jazzy hip-hop] much slowed edits. .
\...Weather Report and the Commodores fit in, at least as samples. .....interesting how Soul is a big thing for again, like the influence of>50 years ago was more than i'd've thought.

"happy place" - no banging, no performing,...all groove and chill.

1653141606378.png

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Friday morning I went to Genelec's London Experience center because I desperately wanted to hear the 8361 and W371's; they did not disappoint.

That same night, I saw Christian Loffler at Hackney Church. The Church had one of the worst bass setups I've ever heard. What I could see was 5-6 bass arrays made up of similar to the JBL 18" pro units. In this forum, they would be described as "slow", muddy, lacking in transient detail, and with extremely high distortion. In my photo you can see one of them

Both setups were equally exhilarating and I'm glad to have experienced such as a sharp contrast in fidelity only a few hours apart because it was an excellent reminder of what this whole thing is about

Attachments

• 20220520_214702.jpg
    20220520_214702.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220520_124006.jpg
    20220520_124006.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Top Bottom