• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Research Project: Infinity IL10 Speaker Review & Measurements

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe it just seems strange to see something you’re familiar with in the shot. To anyone not familiar with it, it would probably look pretty benign and wouldn’t even register for them other than “there’s a speaker”.
It’s more strange that someone deliberately put such an old speaker in the shot, as it’s probably a set and not a real room. But, the prop department probably doesn’t throw much stuff out so they likely had it for years.

KA7NIQ

This is a joke, right? Do you realize that you're commenting on the exact speaker model that was deemed to be superior to 12 others in a rigorous controlled double blind test, and is part of the initial set of speakers that was used as a starting point for the Olive preference model? This is actually one of the worst possible examples you could base this argument on!
I agree! I think the Infinity IL 10 is an excellent speakers, especially when used with a subwoofer. I have owned several speakers in the Infinity Interlude Line, including the IL 40 and the IL 60. I like in the IL 10 with a subwoofer better than the IL 60, and the IL 60 measured ruler flat.

goldark

Forum Donor
Very interesting thread. I have some Infinity Interlude speakers, which as we know, is a pretty old design at this point despite good measurements. Has anyone been able to compare them to current mid-budget offerings that also measure well in order to compare overall sound quality? I'm thinking the Polk Reserve/Signature Elite Series, or maybe KEF Q or Focal Chora series, which should be comparable to the IL series back then. Is it worth upgrading the IL's to any of these modern speakers?

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Very interesting thread. I have some Infinity Interlude speakers, which as we know, is a pretty old design at this point despite good measurements. Has anyone been able to compare them to current mid-budget offerings that also measure well in order to compare overall sound quality? I'm thinking the Polk Reserve/Signature Elite Series, or maybe KEF Q or Focal Chora series, which should be comparable to the IL series back then. Is it worth upgrading the IL's to any of these modern speakers?
You have the jbl530s? ( iirc).... That would be an interesting comp...

Top Bottom