• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Requirements to be eligible to post items for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3125b

Major Contributor
When I bought my ADI via this forum the seller and I exchanged profiles from other forums etc. with a market place and ratings - pretty good way of establishing credibility.*
He also offered payment via PayPal, wich I want to remind you is a rather terrible idea as a seller. It's way too easy for the buyer to rip the seller off with the way PayPal handles disputes.

*https://www.computerbase.de/ uses the same froum software as ASR and has a market place rating system. I'm not sure if that is a standard feature and how much work that would be for the admins, but it is pretty cool.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
AdamG

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor

RUR

For sale: New in box Okto Research DAC8 PRO S/N 47

I purchased this from Okto some while back, planning to try it out connected to my Trinnov 32 + 3 way speakers. Well, I never got 'round to it, and now I'm putting together a new, passive speaker system for which 8 DAC channels are unnecessary.

I realize that my post count here is meager, but I have > 3,000 over @ AVS which, over the past ten years, mostly appertain to Trinnov processors.
I have 100% for 1000 eBay transactions. I'll be happy to demonstrate that to anyone seriously interested via PM
I'm asking $950 + Shipping costs - double-boxed and insured. I'll pay the Paypal charges
This offer is for US 48 states only.

Any questions, requests for photos etc. please PM me.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
For sale: New in box Okto Research DAC8 PRO S/N 47

I purchased this from Okto some while back, planning to try it out connected to my Trinnov 32 + 3 way speakers. Well, I never got 'round to it, and now I'm putting together a new, passive speaker system for which 8 DAC channels are unnecessary.

I realize that my post count here is meager, but I have > 3,000 over @ AVS which, over the past ten years, mostly appertain to Trinnov processors.
I have 100% for 1000 eBay transactions. I'll be happy to demonstrate that to anyone seriously interested via PM
I'm asking $950 + Shipping costs - double-boxed and insured. I'll pay the Paypal charges

This is not the right place to post your advertisement. See below!

You will get more traction and attention if you go here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?forums/audio-equipment-for-sale-or-to-buy.29/

And start a new thread using this as the Thread Title: F/S: New in box Okto Research DAC8 PRO S/N 47

Then put this in body of first post:

Dilettante

May I suggest to add a custom drop-down so that user can (well, forced to) specify a country?
It would serve as the thread title prefix.

BeforeAfter
1655034779654.png
1655034849722.png

archerious

Any chance ASR will add a feedback system like Head-fi or reddit?

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
Any chance ASR will add a feedback system like Head-fi or reddit?
Nope. We are an all volunteer Team here and generate zero advertising budget to pay someone to do the work. Unless of course you are volunteering to do the work for free ?

archerious

Nope. We are an all volunteer Team here and generate zero advertising budget to pay someone to do the work. Unless of course you are volunteering to do the work for free ?
I might take you up on that. I'll need to research how reddit's bots work or how Head-fi's works.

To my understanding something similar could be deployed here but I'd need to make sure it won't affect web hosting costs or performance.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
So, for those that don't actually post much... it's sort of a pay to play, right? " Min requirement waived for Forum Donor Status Members."

Yes. It's a big shakedown, because 30 posts is such an onerous threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom