• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Requesting Advice] Issues with combination of miniDSP SHD + March Audio P452 + Wharfedale evo 4.2

meajmal

My main system is a Denon x4700H + Wharfedale Evo 4.2 + HSU Research VTF sub in my living room. I wanted to move the wharfedales to a separate 2 channel system and bought a miniDSP SHD + March Audio P452 purifi to support that.

On connecting the purifi amp with SHD using balanced cables the sound is very underwhelming. It feels like the tweeters are not responding. The volume levels are way down. The same was observed when I used the P452 as a power amplifier connected to the pre-outs of the denon receiver (bought a RCS to XLR adapter to connect the amp as it has only XLR inputs).

On connecting the receiver directly to the speakers, they sound great as it should sound.

Any idea how to debug what is going on here? Also how can i truly understand if a speaker is blown or not?

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor
My main system is a Denon x4700H + Wharfedale Evo 4.2 + HSU Research VTF sub in my living room. I wanted to move the wharfedales to a separate 2 channel system and bought a miniDSP SHD + March Audio P452 purifi to support that.

On connecting the purifi amp with SHD using balanced cables the sound is very underwhelming. It feels like the tweeters are not responding. The volume levels are way down. The same was observed when I used the P452 as a power amplifier connected to the pre-outs of the denon receiver (bought a RCS to XLR adapter to connect the amp as it has only XLR inputs).

On connecting the receiver directly to the speakers, they sound great as it should sound.

Any idea how to debug what is going on here? Also how can i truly understand if a speaker is blown or not?
Check if you have crossover, PEQ, Dirac or something else enabled in SHD settings. Sounds like it has a low-pass filter on that output from what you describe.

Top Bottom