• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Request for exact dimensions on Yamaha A-S301, ..501, ..701

jaudio

I'm looking to purchase the A-S501 but unsure if it will fit inside my cupboard. Could I ask an owner of either of the A-S301, A-S501, A-S701 to take a measurement of the depth from the front of the knobs to the back of the cabinet NOT including the connectors on the back.
Thanks in advance!

Zek

Major Contributor
Did you look on the Yamaha site?
Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 20.51.39.png

MAB

Major Contributor
You should borrow one from your local store, see if it actually fits before you buy.
The sizes are published in the specifications, if you need millimeter-perfect and it is important, you should borrow to make sure.

OP
J

jaudio

Yes of course I have already checked the Yamaha website, but what I need is the measurement of the depth without the connectors/binding posts. I don't know if the measurements posted on the Yamaha website is the depth with or without the connectors/binding posts. I'm reaching out to owners. No need for smartass comments like "The OP must have heard that ASR is known for measurements." and "Apparently size DOES matter.". This site has some great knowledge, but I don't get why it sometimes is so unfriendly.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This site has some great knowledge, but I don't get why it sometimes is so unfriendly.
Some of the peeps coming to ASR intentionally are wankers towards us and so we get a little snarky and make fun of stuff as a release sometimes.

MAB

Major Contributor
I took them as jokes, not as negativity.
But seriously, you should borrow one from your local dealer. I never know until I see where are the little protuberances are. I bought a car, wasn't sure if it would fit in my garage even after measuring, so I test-drove it to my house. Good thing, my wife didn't like getting in and out in the garage so we reconsidered. In this case, my measurements were incapable of taking into account how cramped it actually was...

OP
J

jaudio

@MAB yes that would be ideal, however my only option is to just purchase it online, and then return it if it turns out not to fit. I was just trying to save myself the hassle and cost of returning it.
If one of the kind owners could please take one quick measurement of the depth, I would appreciate it immensely. Thanks.

Reactions: MAB

fuzzy_logic

@MAB yes that would be ideal, however my only option is to just purchase it online, and then return it if it turns out not to fit. I was just trying to save myself the hassle and cost of returning it.
If one of the kind owners could please take one quick measurement of the depth, I would appreciate it immensely. Thanks.
A-S301 - from volume knob, to the back of the unit (ignoring the connectors), i measure it at 36cm.

Top Bottom