• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reputable Youtube channels

delta76

Major Contributor
What are some reputable Youtube channels for audio equipment/audio knowledge in general? It's easier to identify bad channel when they actively try to push a product/service, but for a beginner it's hard to know if a youtuber actually knows his/her stuffs, not blah blah non sense. :p

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What comes to mind.
Amir’s channel (whole spectrum)
Erin’s channel (speakers)
Julian Krause (Audio interfaces )
Crinnacle+ (Headphones, IEMs)

Yes there seemed to be more” bad”, then “good” (fact based, no/little conflict of interest) ones.

NeoZs99

Usual asr suspects like Amir and Erin.. and I cannot stand Crinacle's channel one bit

MCH

Major Contributor
I find interesting "Acoustics Insider" channel.
It is very specific about home studio room treatment, and I certainly have no idea if what the guy says is true or bullshit, but at least he supports what he says with data.
I have the feeling that many other videos about room treatment tend to be on the BS side of things, that's why I find this one interesting.
Ah, and the German Julian Krause like accent makes him sound very professional :D

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I find interesting "Acoustics Insider" channel.
It is very specific about home studio room treatment, and I certainly have no idea if what the guy says is true or bullshit, but at least he supports what he says with data.
I have the feeling that many other videos about room treatment tend to be on the BS side of things, that's why I find this one interesting.
Ah, and the German Julian Krause like accent makes him sound very professional :D

"..Ah, and the German Julian Krause like accent makes him sound very professional.."

Interesting to know. Who was this stupid english teacher that said i should work on my german accent? ;)

Ericglo

I think one of the best is the archive of Hometheatergeeks by Scott Wilkenson. He interviews a lot of great industry people and really gets in depth. There are 300 or so episodes.

Funny story about Scott and AVS. He had been recently let go by AVS at Cedia '18. AVS and Epson had a get together at their booth along with a raffle. Scott no longer being an employee won the raffle for an Epson pj. Ever the instigator I loudly coerced AVS into conducting an interview with their new winner. It was quite the awkward interview.;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
In general I believe you can trust the info presented by Gene Delasala on the Audioholics channel.

D

Deleted member 50971

For the most part Audioholics is dependable. Other than ASR and Gene, I don’t take too many of my serious. I can’t make it through two minutes of most of them, and that’s not a knock on them personally, just what they’re promoting.

egellings

Major Contributor
What would a German accent do for you? Make you sound more sciency & shite?

D

Deleted member 50971

Well since my grandma‘s maiden name was Landmesser, it may do me some good.

Just as long as it’s not that guy that can say 1 million words in three minutes lol. That guy can talk faster than I can think

D

Deleted member 50971

I think one of the best is the archive of Hometheatergeeks by Scott Wilkenson. He interviews a lot of great industry people and really gets in depth. There are 300 or so episodes.

Funny story about Scott and AVS. He had been recently let go by AVS at Cedia '18. AVS and Epson had a get together at their booth along with a raffle. Scott no longer being an employee won the raffle for an Epson pj. Ever the instigator I loudly coerced AVS into conducting an interview with their new winner. It was quite the awkward interview.;)
I’ve enjoyed some of his writings… I believe he used to post on the AVS forums if I’m not mistaken.

D

Deleted member 50971

I subscribed to Ethan, and I’ve seen him there before, but anyone who makes a video of his wife and cat playing pinball is OK with me lol.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I like Audioholics... the longer videos can get tedious when they derail from time to time, but I've always found Gene and crew to be honest.
(I know there was a little dustup not too long ago with AH and ASR... I really hope that has blown over!)
I like watching Erin, too, especially because he really doesn't sem to have an agenda beyond simply loving Audio as a hobby and lifestyle... something I think we can all get behind!

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR obviously.

I'm liking Erin's Audio Corner quite a bit these days. Erin has a really nice balance of subjective description of the speakers, which he ties really well to the measurements.

Top Bottom