• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reputable Youtube channels

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
ASR obviously.

I'm liking Erin's Audio Corner quite a bit these days. Erin has a really nice balance of subjective description of the speakers, which he ties really well to the measurements.
+1 I find Erin a very reliable source of HiFi gear info.
IMO for sure he's in the top 10 if there are 10. LOL
I'm finding a new wave of objective based audio sites a real breath of fresh air after being beaten over the head with the lies and snake-oil for a number of decades. Since the demise of pubs like Audio and Aczel's Audio Critic the dark side had almost total control of audio media. :mad:

Ericglo

I’ve enjoyed some of his writings… I believe he used to post on the AVS forums if I’m not mistaken.

He did a lot of stuff for AVS as he was employed by them. I think it was him and Mark Henninger were the two main guys.

I don't have the link, but Scott has done some new videos for AVS. I have only listened to the Paul Barton (PSB) one so far. A must listen if you are a PSB fan.

jimmy07

It sounds like you have found a YouTube channel called "Acoustics Insider" that focuses on home studio room treatment. You appreciate that the channel provides data to support its claims, which sets it apart from other videos about room treatment that you feel are on the BS side of things.;)

You also note that the host of the channel has a german accent, which adds to the professional vibe. Overall, it seems like you find the channel interesting and informative, but you also acknowledge that you are not sure whether everything the host says is true or not. It's always important to approach information with a critical eye and do your own research to confirm any claims.:(

Top Bottom