• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Replacing the miniDSP SHD

• Thread starter Deleted member 4708
  • Start date
OP
D

Deleted member 4708

Why not a separate toslink capture card? There are a few for <50eur.

I wanted to ask you, in a system like yours, how do you change the confirmation? for instance, to switch from tv to streaming.

I use the remote. I have 3 activities. One simply turns on the TV and sets the input for HTPC. In this case I grab the keyboard.
The other 2 activities are remote only.
Second one is for the Directv: TV on the HDMI from the Directv DVR. The third just turns on the TV app for the Android TV.
The TV opyical out is going into the MOTU optical in.

Reactions: MCH
OP
D

Deleted member 4708

Stop gap solution.
The TOSLINK/Optical => to computer 1-2
Make MOTU 1-2 Input the default Input for the computer.

This means "to computer 1-2" is looped back into "from computer 1-2" and that is intercepted by Dirac.

Last edited by a moderator:

soerenssen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
At times I lose the sound completely and have to restart the Dirac Processor to get the sound back. It is a Dirac Processor problem. Without it in the chain I do not experience sound loss.
I'm also planning to build either a Mac or PC based streamer with Dirac Live. Did you manage to figure out what was causing the above mentioned sound loss? Was it fixed by a Dirac update?

droid2000

I'm also planning to build either a Mac or PC based streamer with Dirac Live. Did you manage to figure out what was causing the above mentioned sound loss? Was it fixed by a Dirac update?
It's still a problem for me at least. If the Dirac Processor sits idle for a long time, like overnight, it has to be restarted.

System (everything on a Mac Mini)
Roon Server > Dirac Processor > Aggregate Device

Here is the only error in the DiracLiveProcessor.log:
2023-08-05 15:14:24.825 ERROR [GetStimuliGain] Runtime not initialized

Dirac Live Support

Here is what you see when Dirac Live tries to connect:
Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 3.14.57 PM.png

GA16SE

This is my first post here and I’m going to follow the terms and rules of the forum.

I’d like to improve my existing audio system by adding Dirac Live - Room Correction Suite Bass Control. The current audio system might be described as follows:
  • Blu-ray and media players are connected to an audio signal processor (Smyth Research Realiser A16 SE) via HDMI cables
  • SE stands for speaker edition, which means that an output of 2-channel digital signal is conveyed to a pair of KEF LS60 W speakers via coaxial cable. The result is an auditory illusion of multi-virtual speaker configuration all around you with only two real speakers
  • In between the Realiser A16 SE and KEF speakers there is a miniDSP SHD device that provides a SVS SB-3000 Micro subwoofer integration and stereo Dirac Live room correction.
As there is no clear information that the miniDSP SHD processor will get DLBC or KEF LS60 will be Dirac enabled, I’ve been contemplating a change. Instead of miniDSP device to use other devices. @phoenixdogfan recommended me the dac8 PRO and a computer. Besides the computer, actually I’d need an interface that can route a 2-channel digital signal to the computer via USB and then convey the Dirac optimised digital signal to the active speakers. I’m not quite clear how would the subwoofer be integrated.

Which of the many interfaces might be more appropriate for my system? One of the MOTU or RME interfaces? Any suggestions?

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This sounds like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I use a wiim pro as a steamer and minidsp for dirac and dac. Absolutely no issues

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I didn’t realise that the Realiser was capable of that with speakers, I was truly impressed when a multi speaker set-up was converted into headphones at the Munich show.
Keith

GA16SE

Realiser A16 SE appeared on the market about two or three years ago through the involvement of a French company.

Jukka

If anyone needs audio routing and processing for a PC, I'd suggest Voicemeeter. It's got varying complexity levels per app, like the standard, Banana and Potato. There is also the Virtual Audio Cable, that does only point to point routing. I've had good experience with these before. Donationware.

Top Bottom