• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Replacement pads for AKG k371

buscon

hi,

I am looking for some replacement pads of the AKG K371.
I cannot find any official pads from AKG (I happy with the stock ones), I can only find some compatible ones on ebay, but I am not so confident about their quality.
Brainwavz pads would be a good option, but buying only one pair costs ~20€ and the shipping is 7€, that is not so convenient...

I am located in Germany, any suggestions?

Thanks.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Alas you are stuck buying aftermarket pads.
K371 pads are not sold as separate parts.
The price for a new one (directly from AKG) also has increased and MSRP is now € 199.- yet Thomann sells them for € 119.-

It's weird pads are not sold separately, certainly because it is marketted as a professional headphone.
Poor support and longevity are reasons for me not to own one (along with some other reasons, just not sound quality)

OP
B

buscon

uh, thanks for the quick answer. Very strange, they don't sell ear pads separately.

I guess Brainwavz pads still the best option so far, even with the shipping costs.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
No idea what the consequences could be for the tonal balance. That would have to be measured.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
You could order a few pairs of Brainwavz pads and get free shipping.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Sell 1 or 2 pairs ?
I am sure others also have this problem

OP
B

buscon

true, so I will use this thread: anyone interested in sharing a shipping from Brainwavz?
I live in Berlin, Germany, maybe some other ASR users also live here?

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
a german buddy of mine had to pay import/vat for stuff ordered from them, don't forget to count that in

Reactions: RHO

RHO

Major Contributor
I've ordered the Brainwavz pads and use them on the K371. I didn't manage to fit the thin flange into the rim where the original pads sit, but had to pull them over the cups. Practically that is not a problem. Only aesthetically it is less pleasing.
My overall impression is that the comfort improved a little and the sound regressed a little (without EQ). Voices are a little more forward and I seem to be sensitive to that.
I think I'll swap back to the stock pads until they wear out.

OP
B

buscon

I've ordered the Brainwavz pads and use them on the K371. I didn't manage to fit the thin flange into the rim where the original pads sit, but had to pull them over the cups. Practically that is not a problem. Only aesthetically it is less pleasing.
My overall impression is that the comfort improved a little and the sound regressed a little (without EQ). Voices are a little more forward and I seem to be sensitive to that.
I think I'll swap back to the stock pads until they wear out.
thanks for sharing your experience!

but again, there are no other options because:
1. AKG does not offer stock pads
2. other pads can be found on eBay, but we do not know about quality

ngs428

I installed the Brainwavz oval pads on my k371.. while they fit well, the foam compresses much less than the stock pads which made it tough to get a good fit. The headband, for me, did not seem to want to go wide enough so the pads are tight at the top against my head and a lot less tight at the bottom. YMMV, but yes not many options..

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I installed the Brainwavz oval pads on my k371.. while they fit well, the foam compresses much less than the stock pads which made it tough to get a good fit. The headband, for me, did not seem to want to go wide enough so the pads are tight at the top against my head and a lot less tight at the bottom. YMMV, but yes not many options..
Thanks for posting your experience. Did get the angled or flat pads? I've been considering the angled Brainwaves.

Roland68

Major Contributor
hi,

I am looking for some replacement pads of the AKG K371.
I cannot find any official pads from AKG (I happy with the stock ones), I can only find some compatible ones on ebay, but I am not so confident about their quality.
Brainwavz pads would be a good option, but buying only one pair costs ~20€ and the shipping is 7€, that is not so convenient...

I am located in Germany, any suggestions?

Thanks.
Yes, just buy one of the many (as new) defective 371(-BT) from an auction on Ebay for €15-30. You may also receive spare parts such as cables, drivers, etc.

OP
B

buscon

Yes, just buy one of the many (as new) defective 371(-BT) from an auction on Ebay for €15-30. You may also receive spare parts such as cables, drivers, etc.
that is a good idea, though I cannot find any in Germany...

Roland68

Major Contributor
that is a good idea, though I cannot find any in Germany...
Just look for auctions of "AKG 371". Currently there are at least 2 in it, but in the last few months several have been sold every week, this year more than 30.
Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-02 um 09.34.15.png

Top Bottom