• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Replacement for Schiit Stack

yue

Thanks for the Input I will also look out for the NX4 and check its availability in Germany.

Thanks for the concern, but my hearing is quite fine (have to do regular checkups as a vol. firefighter ;)). Im able to listen to music plenty loud with the FiiO (via foobar, spotify etc.) - as I stated before when I watch movies/tv-series in the Plex player I need to turn the volume up to somwhere between 6 and 7 (out of 8 on high gain) in the Fiio, while my Windows Volume is up to 70% in some movies.
So depending on the movie and if I increase the volume over that level - youre absolutely right it's more than loud enough/unhealthy.

This is what I meant when I stated : " I have to turn the volume up almost all the way when watching some movies/tv-series. I'd like to have some more headroom available ". So I'd like to upgrade to a solution with more headroom available because I will also get some more power hungry headphones in the future. I'll keep the FiiO around for office duty anyway ;)

in this use case Topping NX4 DSD won't give you a lot more power than FiiO E10K does. just checked their output power and seems they are quite similar.

if you need something more powerful you'll need a fully desktop amp such as Topping DX7s.

OP
M

MajorX99

Thank you everyone for the input and for answering all my questions. I'll check out the recommendations and see what is available in Germany (Y)

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
iFi has several products combining a DAC and headphone amp.

Top Bottom