• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

rePhase output frequency limit

HansHolland

Hello all,

I am using rePhase convolution filters in Roon. I am happy with the result.

But, the maximum frequency of the filters that rePhase can create is 384kHz. And my DAC (RME ADI-2 DAC FS) is capable of higher input frequencies (768kHz). And I like to upsample in Roon.

Thus I want to create convolution filters with output frequencies of 705.6kHz and 768kHz.
Simple question: how?
Are there other tools like rePhase? The user interface does not have to be so easy as rePhase.

I have read that Roon resamples the convolution filters if they do not fit the sampling frequency of the music signal. But I have no clue what that does to the resolution of the convolution filter. I expect that not resampling is better.
Now I let Roon to resample the music to 352.8kHz or 384kHz. The output goes through the convolution filter. And that is send to the DAC that then resamples further.

Thanks in advance, Hans

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just load the wav file in any audio software that support the high sample rate and up sample to the rate you want.

Sox will probably also do it from command line.

Top Bottom