• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Removing static noise or minimising it from stuff ur listening to?

aoaaron

I never realised the static noise with my 5.1 speakers but at enough decent volume, a few tracks I have indeed have a bit of static noise or something in the background. Even prince purple rain!!

Is there any easy solution to this or just osmething we live with?

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Probably your 5.1 amp if you're using a digital file as a source.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably need to know more about your system. What speakers, what amps etc. And are we talking very low level barely heard hiss or static or something more significant.

OP
A

aoaaron

Probably need to know more about your system. What speakers, what amps etc. And are we talking very low level barely heard hiss or static or something more significant.

D30
Jds atom amp
Akg 712 headphones

Playing mp3s e.g stevie wonder yester me yester you

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you using the Atom on low gain? The D30 probably doesn't need any gain just buffering from the headphones.

I have the same setup except different headphones, I don't have any issues with that amp low/high gain, the dac is great, try a FLAC file see if you notice anything, try the 712's on something else (straight from pc, smartphone, or diff amp/dac if you have another), try a different pair of headphones.

Daverz

Major Contributor
I had an issue with my pre-amp picking up RFI from my USB cable. Make sure the USB cable isn't near the amp.

OP
A

aoaaron

Its on the actual track.

As in the noise is audible on the track. Its Stevie wonder, Yester me, Yester you. Just wondering if theres anyway to minimise it.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom