• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Remote Control

Wes

Major Contributor
I'd like remote control for my system...

It should have both some common, frequently used controls and a nice display.

Controls for Volume, Mute, maybe Balance. Volume needs to be on a knob, a real one.

The Display should be pretty to look at and informative.

Something like this:
e-270.jpg

Maybe put the meters side by side facing each other.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This could be done with a Microsoft Surface Studio and a Surface Dial. You could have massive VU meters! I'm not sure that's quite what you are after though.

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
Wes

Wes

Major Contributor
Thread Starter #4
This could be done with a Microsoft Surface Studio and a Surface Dial. You could have massive VU meters! I'm not sure that's quite what you are after though.
that would be ok for the meters - is the Surface Dial a similar feel to an analog knob?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've not tried one, but I have the impression that it's fairly nicely weighted from the videos on YouTube...

OP
Wes

Wes

Major Contributor
Thread Starter #6
Thx - still need that Accuphasy Rose Gold color

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've tried it but it has too short a BT range to be useful.
It only has to reach to the Surface Studio beneath it. Of course, at $3,500, the Surface Studio + Dial is rather expensive (and somewhat large) to use as a remote, but the OP didn't specify a price or size limit :)

Kal Rubinson

Major Contributor
Industry Insider
It only has to reach to the Surface Studio beneath it. Of course, at $3,500, the Surface Studio + Dial is rather expensive (and somewhat large) to use as a remote, but the OP didn't specify a price or size limit :)
Cost aside, I don't want a tablet.

OP
Wes

Wes

Major Contributor
Thread Starter #10
at the Accuphase price level you should get a nice purpose built remote

What other control functionality is worth putting into a remote, as vs. getting out of your chair to go over to the faceplate of the pre-amp?

Top Bottom