• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reisong A10 EL34 Hi-Fi Audio Stereo Tube Amplifier Single-end Class - A Review

OP
D

dumpingg

I didn't see if this was touched on, but you may have already figured it out. Swapping the rectifier tube, for whatever reason, greatly improves the distortion issue. I also am using a Douk Audio P2 with tone controls, bumping the bass 2db. I'm satisfied with the sound, but feel for the money, The No sound 6P1 to be a better value. Having said that, there's mods to this amp I am planning.
what rectifier tubes have you tried?

LewisWaddo

loving this thread

Signed up to join in.

I’m a long time crappy A10 user, and have performed Skunkie’s mod, along with swapping out the rectifier for a solid state one, and have seen her measurements of it performing way better. Has anyone tested a Skunkie modded a10 on ASR. Also… Is there a chart for tube amps on ASR?

OP
D

dumpingg

loving this thread

Signed up to join in.

I’m a long time crappy A10 user, and have performed Skunkie’s mod, along with swapping out the rectifier for a solid state one, and have seen her measurements of it performing way better. Has anyone tested a Skunkie modded a10 on ASR. Also… Is there a chart for tube amps on ASR?
Have you had any issues with the Solid State Rectifier (SSR)? the SSR comes on instantly which may hit the amp tubes with power before they are ready. The normal tube based rectifier takes a few moments to warm up just like the amp tubes.

LewisWaddo

Have you had any issues with the Solid State Rectifier (SSR)? the SSR comes on instantly which may hit the amp tubes with power before they are ready. The normal tube based rectifier takes a few moments to warm up just like the amp tubes.
No issues. Had the amp for a good few years now, and fire it up multiple times a day.

Top Bottom