• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Refreshing movies worth watching

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Riders of Justice. Best movie i´ve seen in the last 12 months. If you like this kind of humor, i recommend the other movies by Anders Thomas Jensen, too (most of them feature the same cast - Mads Mikkelsen and others; like Adam's Apples or Danish Delicacies).
That the ratings at imdb are not better, I can only explain with the possibility that many people do not like black humor, or simply because most people are stupid in general....
1673295221098.png

birdog1960

For free? Where can I stream it without paying for a streaming service?

I enjoyed it but my wife thought it was a pathetic boring joke and a blatant advertorial for Dior. Even 2 months after we saw it she still trashes it at every second social contact we make.
It's free if you subscribe to peacock. Sorry, I misremembered what we watched it on. My wife loved it but she's English so she was bound to.

FlyingFreak

I watched Good Luck to you Leo Grande yesterday.
My wife and I loved it. It's funny, sweet, touching. Felt good to watch and have watched.
Friday Film Review--Good Luck To You, Leo Grande

Few years old Druk (Another Round) was also just a great human movie.
Another Round (Druk) - Cineuropa

napfkuchen

"Les Visiteurs" and its two successors are now available on Blu-Ray ("visitors-box" / "Die Besucher Box"). Both the french original and the synchronization are awesome. Movie critics will say these movies are nonsensical trash ... To me they are very entertaining :).

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
I always found this refreshing:

Erik the Viking

Recently remade as “The Northman”. Eartha Kitt’s role poignantly cast with Björk…

Top Bottom