• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reference "stereo" songs

OP
pavuol

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not so often a track qualifies for two of my threads at once, second being on "triple guitars" topic..

The Clash - Police & Thieves (Official Audio)

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Post titles (your favourite or "just" quality/reference grade) that feature some clear "stereo" separation/effects. Any genre, era..
If possible, try to insert media in your posts.

Hope I start with nice examples :)

Keith Richards - Hate It When You Leave

Eagles - One Of These Nights
All pre Sergeant Pepper Beatles albums

napfkuchen

It's awesome that with todays technology you can write and produce music as a single person without music-studios involved in the process ...
This is Photosynthesi, an italian synthwave artist. I really like this somewhat "reduced" style of music.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anything recorded by Roy DuNann of Contemporary Records from the late '50's. My favorite is Curtis Counce', Counceltation AKA later as You Get More Bounce with Curtis Counce. DuNann is a genius that modified Newman microphones to have more sensitivity.

Ni03OTE5LmpwZWc.jpeg

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is Photosynthesi, an italian synthwave artist. I really like this somewhat "reduced" style of music.
Check out Vangelis and Tangerine Dream to hear the fathers of this style (minus the Disco and Vapour Wave influence).

BTW, i just bought myself an analog synth and am able to generate some of those patches. Just getting started, but maybe i have something cool to show in half a year or so.:)

BenB

Here's one of the most natural sounding symphonic recordings I've heard, when it comes to stereo soundstage. They captured the reverb, but also the placement of the instruments both from left to right, and the depth/distance to the listener. It's a nice piece as well.

Antonín Dvořák: "Othello" Overture, Op. 93, B 174
Conductor: Bohumil Gregor
Orchestra: Czech Philharmonic

Edit: Just wanted to say I still love the one mic recordings featured earlier in this thread. I've been listening to a bunch of those recently on my latest speaker project.

Top Bottom