• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reference "stereo" songs

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Post titles (your favourite or "just" quality/reference grade) that feature some clear "stereo" separation/effects. Any genre, era..
If possible, try to insert media in your posts.

Hope I start with nice examples :)

Keith Richards - Hate It When You Leave

Eagles - One Of These Nights

Last edited:

Martin Takamine

Kim Richey - The Circus Song (Can't Let Go)

The Cars - Moving In Stereo

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

P!nk - I'm Not Dead

Earth Wind & Fire - That's the Way of the World

Kyle Riabko - Miss Behavin'

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
the dog bark and old soldier narrating are nowhere near the speakers in my system.

That's because the barking dog is actually next door, and the old soldier narrating is a dirty old squatter living upstairs in your spare room. :)

Tks

Major Contributor
Most songs in this category are sometimes I feel almost cheating. Listing off high Dynamic Range titles, that OF COURSE would have decent separation with natural instruments playing usually one at a time or sometimes just a handful, nothing insanely impressive from a "separation" standpoint, just generally well recorded music.

So in the interest of not adding another to the list of those, I have this

But for those that don't mind natural instruments, you don't get much more Stereo than this

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Roger Waters Amused to Death, Q-sound gives some amazing depth effects, the dog bark and old soldier narrating are nowhere near the speakers in my system.
Same with Soul Cages by Sting. Instruments playing far outside the stereo basis, and at the end the Good night comes at 90° to the left (left speaker is at 30°). Q-sound, of course.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Same with Soul Cages by Sting. Instruments playing far outside the stereo basis, and at the end the Good night comes at 90° to the left (left speaker is at 30°). Q-sound, of course.

I wonder how Bruce Swedien made that last step in the Michael Jackson Thriller intro sound outside way before q-sound existed

TimF

Forum Donor
Most of this is the type of music that appeals to youth.

Top Bottom