• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reference "stereo" songs

ernestcarl

Major Contributor

Very much enjoy The King's Singers and think many of their songs are excellent as reference stereo tracks.

If you can listen to uncompressed versions via amazon music HD or elsewhere, even better.

Buster

More "One Mic" look at the markings on the floor. Telling the soloist where to step forward when paying their solo, I guess.

Yasuo

Thomas Dolby - Hyperactive!

Great sound localization on both headphones and speakers.

The official YouTube version isn't that good though.

Buster

This is one of the cleanest stereo recordings I know of and it helps being just 2 instruments:)

I love the result of recording with the 3 capsule Josephson C700S microphone. It ensures
perfect imaging, great sense of depth, superior realism and complete phase coherence.
There is in my opinion a no better tool for optimizing speaker placement and finding the optimal listening position than a One Microphone recording done with the 700s.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Queens Invisible Man, great e guitar solo by Brian May, also, great laser shooting out of his guitar:

And here, one of the greatest boy bands ever, Kraftwerk (for the young folk, this was the band formerly known as the Blue Men Group, thus the blue heads :p), i like their solos starting at around 3 minutes when they leave the stage:

Just watched the entire concert again. For sure one of the most epic ends of any concerts i have seen.

Last edited:

Atratusnex

Sepultura - Attitude (2017 Remaster)
Ratatat - Falcon Jab

Last edited:
Top Bottom