• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Reference "stereo" songs

pavuol

Post titles (your favourite or "just" quality/reference grade) that feature some clear "stereo" separation/effects. Any genre, era..
If possible, try to insert media in your posts.

Hope I start with nice examples :)

Keith Richards - Hate It When You Leave

Eagles - One Of These Nights

Last edited:

Frank Dernie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Roger Waters Amused to Death, Q-sound gives some amazing depth effects, the dog bark and old soldier narrating are nowhere near the speakers in my system.

Kim Richey - The Circus Song (Can't Let Go)

The Cars - Moving In Stereo

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

P!nk - I'm Not Dead

Earth Wind & Fire - That's the Way of the World

Kyle Riabko - Miss Behavin'

restorer-john

Major Contributor
the dog bark and old soldier narrating are nowhere near the speakers in my system.
That's because the barking dog is actually next door, and the old soldier narrating is a dirty old squatter living upstairs in your spare room. :)

Tks

Major Contributor
Most songs in this category are sometimes I feel almost cheating. Listing off high Dynamic Range titles, that OF COURSE would have decent separation with natural instruments playing usually one at a time or sometimes just a handful, nothing insanely impressive from a "separation" standpoint, just generally well recorded music.

So in the interest of not adding another to the list of those, I have this

But for those that don't mind natural instruments, you don't get much more Stereo than this

Top Bottom